- Grown in Yunnan province along the ancient tea caravan route, and made according to a secret recipe, it is one of China's most illustrious and intriguing teas.
Delicious with: Traditionally this tea is enjoyed at the end of a meal and is an aid to digestion.
20 individually sealed string & tag sachets (40g)
Pu'er is particularly appreciated in China after a heavy meal and has been revealed by Victoria Beckham as one of her ‘Slimming Secret’s’
- Since the Tang Dynasty Pu'er has been prized for both its distinctive taste and reputed health benefits
- It’s semi fermented, but even today the process is a closely kept secret, with outsiders permitted by law to witness only the final pressing into cakes
- The Pu’er cakes (large or small discs or bowl shapes), were considered so valuable that they were once used as currency, particularly for trading horses with the fierce tribes north of the Great Wall of China
- Pu’er grows in the Yunnan province, of South West China
- Today the cakes are bought speculatively as they are said to improve with age, like fine wine or malt whisky
- Jerry Hall and Joss Stone also reputedly drink this tea
Pure organically grown Pu'er tea
Allow freshly boiled water to cool a little. Infuse for 1-3mins according to taste
5 out of 5
By cordero215 | Posted on: 07/05/2015
This tea is pure quality. I like it a lot and takes all the aches and pains away from your body.