- That's why it's so important to choose a laxative that works gently and effectively, without unpleasant side effects
- Dulcolax® tablets are ideal for people seeking overnight relief from constipation, since, 6 to 12 hours after taking an individual dose, the colon is gently stimulated and constipation is relieved
- Each small tablet contains a precisely measured amount of the active ingredient, Bisacodyl, to ensure that Dulcolax® tablets are particularly predictable and reliable
- All this means that you can enjoy peace of mind, knowing that Dulcolax® is not only reliable and effective - it's also gentle to your body
- Effective overnight
And because Dulcolax® tablets are effective in 6-12 hours, it is recommended that you simply take your tablets before going to bed, and enjoy relief from constipation the next morning
- Dulcolax® Tablets:
Dulcolax® tablets (Bisacodyl) are trusted around the world as gentle, reliable and easy to take
- Each Dulcolax® tablet (Bisacodyl) has a "Comfort Coating" that prevents it from being dissolved until it reaches the colon - there, the "Comfort Coating" dissolves, releasing Dulcolax®'s active ingredient right where it's needed
- It dissolves only when it reaches an alkaline (non-acidic) environment: the colon
- How Dulcolax® works:
Being constipated often means feeling uncomfortable, bloated and unable to relax
- Helping to restart your body's natural rhythm
The active ingredients in Dulcolax®'s widely used and effective formula relieves constipation by stimulating the colon so helping the body restart its natural rhythm
- The Dulcolax® Comfort Coating resists the acidic digestive juices of the stomach and the environment of the small intestine
- Dulcolax® Tablets have the special Dulcolax® Comfort Coating, ensuring that the active ingredient is released right where it's needed: in the colon
Please note that the information provided here is intended as a guide only, and is not intended to replace the advice of a qualified health care professional. Always carefully read the in-pack leaflet of any medicine, and ask your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions.
Please note that it is very important to avoid drinking milk or an antacid product around an hour before, or at the same time as taking Dulcolax® tablets. These liquids are alkaline, and can dissolve the "Comfort Coating" too quickly. For the same reason, Dulcolax® tablets should never be crushed or chewed before swallowing, otherwise the "Comfort Coating" is destroyed.
As with any medication, it is very important to carefully read the information on the pack and in the leaflet. Please ask your pharmacist , doctor or healthcare professional if you are uncertain about how to take any Dulcolax® product.
When taking Dulcolax® Tablets (Bisacodyl), it is important to avoid drinking milk or an antacid product at least one hour before or when swallowing the tablet. This is because these fluids are alkaline (non-acidic), and can dissolve the Dulcolax® Comfort Coating too early. Water, juice or soft-drinks are better for taking Dulcolax® Tablets. The tablets must also be swallowed whole and not chewed.
In 1952 the world-wide distribution of Dulcolax® began, marking a new era in the therapy of constipation and a new generation of gentle yet effective laxatives was born. Boehringer Ingelheim developed Dulcolax® for people suffering constipation resulting from poor living conditions aggravated by a shortage of food and medicine in the late 1940s. Boehringer Ingelheim developed and produced a new generation of laxatives containing Bisacodyl.
In the 70s a new liquid format was launched with the active ingredient Sodium Picosulphate, known as Laxoberal®, which offers the same effectiveness as Dulco-lax®, right-where-it's-needed.
In the 00s Dulcolax® brought a new encapsulated and discreet product to the market - the Dulco-lax® Perles.
Nowadays Dulcolax® is recognised by health specialists and consumers all over the world and established as one of the most trusted, reliable and effective of laxative brands.
Boehringer Ingelheim Ltd