Ecover Concentrated Non Bio Laundry Liquid
- Ecover is always looking for new, high-performance ecological ingredients that will give better washing performance and increased benefits to the environment
- Our improved formula Laundry Liquid uses a pioneering new ecological ingredient that has been the result of extensive research and collaboration with an ingredient supplier
- The new ingredient is made from rapeseed oil (non GMO) and its benefits include its low foaming properties
- Foam is detrimental to the washing process and can result in up to 50% of the washing power being lost
- Conventional laundry powders contain substances such as silicones to control foaming, but at Ecover we prefer not to use such environmentally risky ingredients
- We have also combined this new surfactant with a sugar detergent, which is currently one of the best ingredients available in terms of environmental impact and washing effectiveness
- Our new Laundry liquid formula offers superior cleaning properties and exceptional ecological properties
- The toxicity to aquatic organisms of the improved formula to aquatic organisms is ten times lower on average than the toxicity of conventional liquid laundry detergents
The list below displays ingredients in descending order, with those present in highest quantities first.
• Sodium Laurylsulfate
• Fatty acid methyl esters ethoxylate
• Sodium cocoate & Sodium oleate
• Benzyl Alcohol
• Polypropylene Terephthalate
• Sodium Chloride
• Sodium Citrate
• Citric Acid
• Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate
For coloureds: Use 2 1/3 capfuls per machine load of normally soiled laundry and medium hard water (4 to 5 kg dry washing). Place the dosage into the machine's dispenser tray. Increase the dose for heavily soiled laundry and for hard water. Decrease the dose for soft water
Dosages for one full wash (4-5 kg); 1 capful is 35 ml
2 capfuls 2 ½ capfuls
2 1/3 capfuls 3 capfuls
2 1/3 capfuls 3 capfuls
3 capfuls 3 ½ capfuls
For whites: for optimal results on whites follow the above instructions and add Ecover Bleach. Place the bleach into the machine's dispenser tray.
Ecover Non-bio Laundry Liquid is also great for hand washing. Just dissolve 1 ½ capfuls (45 ml) in 5 litres of warm water. Wash and rinse your clothes as normal.
Ecover is the UK’s leading manufacturer of effective and ecological cleaning and washing products. Founded over 30 years ago Belgium, Ecover now exports to over 30 countries throughout Europe and the US. As the pioneer of ecological cleaning, Ecover brought to market the first phosphate-free washing powder back in 1980 even before phosphates were branded as a problem throughout Europe. Today, Ecover is the brand of choice for many people for a whole host of reasons, from the fact that it’s delivers excellent cleaning whilst ensuring unparalleled ecological criteria to the fact that it’s the safer choice for you and your home.
Ecover’s environmental policy is not only demonstrated by the products it sells but also an integral part of the company’s business operations. Acting in the spirit of the externally audited ISO 14001standard, Ecover has extended its environmental policy to all departments of the company, from production to marketing.
The Ecological Factory built in October 1992 is earmarked as one of the defining developments for Ecover to becoming recognised as a truly sustainable business, with its green roof extending over more than 6000m². Even today the Ecological Factory attracts more than a thousand visitors annually, and with the growth of the brand in May 2007, Ecover opened its second Ecological Factory in Boulogne-sur-Mer, northern France.
Over the years Ecover has clocked a number of awards and recognition for its special contributions and achievements in the field of environmentally sound, sustainable development. Perhaps the most prestigious recognition was being named on the Global 500 Roll of Honour of the United Nations Environment Program back in 1993, to the modern day awards for its products such as Which? Best Buys and Prima Baby Best Buy.
Bottle and labels are made of polyethylene; cap of polypropylene. Polyethylene and polypropylene are 100 % recyclable and can be recycled together using a low energy process.
Ecover Belgium NV