- The olives are stored as briefly as possible (at most 2-3 days)
- Stone grinding: the whole olives are ground to tear the cells of the fruit (pulp, stone and kernel) and thus release the oil
- Kneading is essential to facilitate oil release and improve yield
- The sorted olives are cleaned with water
- This pure, untreated fruit juice, produced at low temperature (30-40°C) is wholly natural
- The oil is separated from the vegetation water by centrifugation
- The designation "extra virgin olive oil" is given to oil with acidity below 0.8% (EU legislation).
- It takes an average of 5kg of olives to make 1 litre of oil
Particularly recommended for all Mediterranean-type dressings but also everyday cooked dishes.
Rich in unsaturated fatty acids, including 75% Omega 9.
Contains phenols (natural anti-oxidants, ~ 20mg/100g.
Huilerie Émile Noël