- Optimal mental function is vital for any task, and the research is clear: particular nutritional inputs can greatly enhance performance
- Antioxidants are of particular importance in helping to protect nerve cells
- Omega-3 Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) is a structural fatty acid found in the brain and eyes, thus is important for providing ongoing repair
- Our bodies cannot make these nutrients, and it is therefore crucial that an adequate intake is maintained in our diets
- This is why the latest addition to our range is eye q mind: a formulation specifically developed for adults that includes a combination of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, B vitamins, zinc and magnesium.
Fatty acids: matter for the mind
The billions of nerve cells and connections that form the central nervous system depend on the presence of omega-3 and -6 long chain fatty acids for the brain to function
- In fact about 20% of the dry weight of the brain consists of these fatty acids
- Magnesium for muscles and nerves
Magnesium assists muscle and nerve function, and also helps regulate blood glucose levels, important in fuelling the brain throughout the day
- Zinc and Vitamin E
Zinc and Vitamin E are antioxidants that help protect cells and tissues from free radical damage
- Every stage in life requires fatty acids for essential brain function, and adults are no exception
- In order of importance, the fatty acids included in the formulation, are:
- Omega-3 Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) plays an important role in maintaining and developing certain aspects of brain and eye function, such as moment to moment brain cell signalling.
- The following nutrients work to ensure the proper functioning of the nervous system and so influence concentration and mental performance:
B Vitamins for a better brain
Vitamin B12 and folic acid play a role in the formation of healthy blood, which transports oxygen and facilitates its utilisation through the hemispheres in the brain
- Zinc may also help maintain healthy nerve cells because of its role in cell replication
- eye q mind can help ensure dietary intake of these vital nutrients
- Omega-6 Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA) contains anti-inflammatory properties and can be converted by the body into Arachidonic Acid, a fatty acid that forms an integral part of nerve endings
- Vitamin B6, along with zinc and magnesium, are essential elements for the functioning of the nervous system and are also required for the synthesis of neuro-transmitters, which allow for communication between neurons and cells
At equazen, we are devoted to help family members improve their quality of life and achieve their desired potential in a safe and natural way.
equazen started with a very clear goal that hasn't changed since its creation in April 1999. Our mission is to encourage individual health by providing premium grade omega-3 and omega-6 formulations based on lipid science, and backed by strong independant research.
equazen eye q contains high quality marine and botanical oils. Here are a few of the key facts that you may want to know so that you – or your children – can take our oils with confidence.
Five facts about the Omega-3 component of equazen eye q:
In equazen eye q, the high EPA marine oil comes from small fish, specifically sardines and pilchards.
The fish which we use in our oils is sourced from sustainable stocks.
The oil we use is independently tested for its Vitamin A and D content.
For our high EPA oils, we harvest the fish during the few weeks of the year when these oils are highest, ensuring that we deliver a high natural source of EPA – this is important for the quality of our fish oil.
We comply with stringent EC and WHO regulations with regard to dioxins, PCBs, heavy metals and other potential pollutants.
The result is high quality fish oil in a natural form.
You may want to know some facts about the Omega-6 component: virgin unrefined Evening Primrose Oil. This is a particularly high quality source of GLA because we:
Extract with a simple mechanical press similar to that used for virgin olive oil, ensuring minimal contact with heat, light or oxygen. We believe this to be superior to the other methods. Solvent extraction leaves chemical traces, and mainstream pressing causes heat damage to this delicate oil.
Filter the oil to take out small particles.
Refine to reduce the impurities which can affect product stability and which could give the oil a bad odour or taste
Finally, when manufacturing these ingredients, we use pharmaceutical-grade facilities for encapsulation and packaging.
equazen is dedicated to developing natural-based nutritional supplements with specific combinations of Omega-3 and Omega-6 essential fatty acids. equazen products are backed by robust scientific research aimed at furthering the understanding of essential fatty acids and their health benefits.
The balance between omega-3 and omega-6 essential fatty acids is a determining factor in physical and mental well-being. Nowadays our modern western diet is deficient in omega-3 and in excess of omega-6. This imbalance can cause a host of symptoms and disorders, hence it is essential to restore the balance.
The name equazen is made of “equa” and “zen”, it means finding the right balance between science and nature. Our mission is to encourage individual health by providing premium grade omega-3 and omega-6 formulations based on lipid science and backed by strong independent research.
Founded in 1999 by husband and wife team, equazen is now owned by the Swiss pharmaceutical company Vifor Pharma, a company of the Galenica group.
We work closely with an international network of distributors around the globe. equazen’s distributors are just like any large family: they have their own individual strengths and share common traits -they are innovative, committed and on a mission!
Ceuta Healthcare Limited
5 out of 5
By Bernardo | Posted on: 12/11/2013
Very good product
At my age, over 70, this is my only daily intake to maintain my good health (I am on no medication yet).