- Most suitable for Dry skin but will suit All Types of Skin.
Detergents and Skin Irritation
The detergent used in Faith in Nature Shampoo, as well as in Clear Spring Washing Up Liquid, is made from a vegetable base
- This is much less irritant than the more usual Sodium laureth sulphate (SLES) used in the majority of shampoos
- For the safety of all our consumers (as well as our much valued staff), great stress is put on all our procedures to maintain the highest level of cleanliness, both in our environment and more importantly in our products
- The particular choice of detergent (also called surfactant) is Ammonium laureth sulphate (ALES)
- For people suffering such problems, Clear Spring Washing Up Liquid can often be an appropriate choice.
Whilst there has been considerable debate concerning the use of SLES in shampoos (as SLES is used as an industry standard in patch testing for skin irritation) ALES has not been implicated in this debate, partly because of it much reduced skin irritation.
Hygiene and Quality Audits and Preservatives
Hygiene and quality are of prime concern in the manufacturing of all products
- That is why we have commissioned an ISO 9001:2000 accredited microbiological testing house specialising in cosmetic production to do all our testing
- So you can rest assured that there are no trace preservatives, which can build up through the use of any of Faith in Nature products mentioned above.
- It is also a much more skin friendly detergent for washing up liquids than is usually used in most commercial brands
- These can often be comparatively harsh and can cause skin reactions such as excessive dryness and cracking of the skin
- These tests range from
• regular site hygiene audits,
• regular water sampling for purity
• ongoing challenge tests (designed to prove the effectiveness of our natural preservation system)
• microbiological tests on all products which are released from our factory.
Nuts about preservatives
That is why we can offer you products which are naturally preserved, without the use of synthetic preservatives and why our products are amongst the finest and purest in the market
- We are such nuts about the purity of our products that we do not even buy a single ingredient that goes into our shampoos, hand wash, shower gel/foam bath, laundry liquid, rinse aids and soaps which is preserved in any way whatsoever
- A great stimulant for skin regeneration, as it revitalises, repairs & balances damaged skin, aided by a revitalising blend of skin repairing essential oils
Bergamot Oil- Bergamot Oil is cultivated in the Ivory Coast, southern Italy and Sicily. Its aroma is delightfully citrus with a delicate, light floral hint. The effect of it aroma is refreshing and uplifting. Bergamot Oil is known to have about 300 compounds present in the expressed oil. Its antiseptic properties make it an ideal choice for skin care products recommended for Normal to Oily and Combination skin types, and it is an extremely useful oil for teenagers and those with acne.
Geranium This woody, perennial herb is native to South Africa but now grows in many countries. The essential oil accumulates in small glands found in the foliage and flowers. It blends well with other fragrances and is used to assist physical and emotional balancing
Geranium has recognised astringent properties for hair and skin care. It gently balances and regulates the oil-producing sebum in the skin and scalp, which is invaluable in overcoming particularly oily or dry hair
For the skin, its suitable for all complexion types and is said to slow the skins aging process, because it also acts as a stimulant to growth. As an astringent, Geranium can help treat a long list of skin problems. The scent is good for those who feel overly emotional and need more stability. It also acts as a sedative to induce sleep
Ginkgo Biloba The Ginkgo tree is native to China, Japan & Korea. The name translates as silver apricot (ginkgo) with two lobes (biloba) on its leaves. Ginkgo Biloba is a free radical scavenger and has excellent natural antioxidant properties
Because it aids blood circulation, it is a great stimulant for bodily regeneration, as it enhances, fortifies and revitalises damaged skin and hair as well as normalising the sebum production. It helps to keep skin looking young and hair in great condition
As well as affecting skin & hair, Ginkgo Biloba extract has the ability to affect the nervous system of the body, helping to control the physical symptoms of stress and depression, bringing balance and relaxation and normalising the body, when used
Rosewood Oil Rosewood Oil is a very gentle and safe aromatherapy oil to use with great benefit in skin care. It stimulates and regenerates new cell growth and is therefore valuable for a Dry or ageing skin with wrinkles. It is also known to help sensitive or inflamed skin. Rosewood also has the ability to balance dry or oily skin, clear blemishes and is an aid for acne.
Faith In Nature