- They are: Lem-O-3 - a delicious, lemon-flavoured fish oil; and an encapsulated product - Fish Oil Capsules, which is a high-potency oil giving 550mg EPA/DHA
- Dietary studies have revealed that until the 1850s a 1:1 ratio between the two types of fatty acid was normal in the human diet
- The oil in all our products is guaranteed clean, stable and free from heavy metals, mercury, cadmium, lead, PCBs and other contaminants, and we can offer batch certificates of analysis to show the purity of our oils
- Such a huge imbalance over such a short time (in evolutionary terms) means our bodies are ill-equipped to assimilate an unsuitable fat intake
- Fish oil supplementation is therefore the most convenient, available and direct source of the fatty acids EPA and DHA
- That, however, has shifted to around 1:20 (omega 3:omega 6 ratio)
- Fatty acids are also recognised as having essential roles in normal brain function - how many people were told as a child to eat their fish because it is a “brain food”? Science backs up this idea with many published studies linking DHA to normal brain development in the unborn child
- Other functions of fatty acids and a suitable ratio of omega 3 and omega oils include the maintenance of eye health, cell membrane integrity, skin health, joint mobility and normal liver function.
Supplemental Sources of Fatty Acids
With all these health benefits and the reduction in intake of fatty acids from oily fish, it is evident that the population in general need an increase in daily intake
- This is not convenient, or even desirable, for many people
- By supplying them ready-formed, you negate the need for the wasteful process of conversion, and supply the body directly with what it needs
- Fish oils from the body of the fish, rather than the liver, bestow all the health benefits of fatty acid nutrition without the worry of accumulated toxins.
Contraindications: Avoid if there is any deficiency of the liver, or if you are on antithrombotic drugs (e.g Warfarin or Heparin), consult your doctor first, or take no more than 1 capsule daily.
Non-Active Ingredients: Glycerine, gelatin (from BSE-free source).
Non GM & Free From:Wheat; yeast, starch, gluten; lactose; added colourings, sweeteners & preservatives.
Storage: Keep cool, dry & out of direct sunlight.
- Fatty Acids
The health benefits of oily fish can mainly be attributed to its fatty acid content
- We do not use fish livers because, although there are known benefits from fish liver oil supplements (particularly cod liver oil) in relation to maintaining joint mobility, there are also disadvantages
- We therefore need to increase our intake of omega 3 fatty acids to regain the beneficial balance of oils in our diet and reap the health benefits they can give.
The Health Benefits of Oily Fish
The health benefits of oily fish were particularly brought to light by studies of the Eskimo diet
- Eskimos naturally consume fresh fish every day, and it has been noted that they rarely suffer cardiovascular disease and maintain normal blood viscosity throughout their lifetimes
- The products are made from the whole body of oily fish, and not just fish livers
- Oily fish are rich in omega 3 fatty acids, and therefore the fall in our consumption of fish has led to a dramatic alteration in the omega 3:omega 6 ratio
- Oily fish are often harvested from polluted waters, where heavy metals can accumulate in the liver
- Our product provides the benefits of the oily fish and removes the potential disadvantage of the pollutants
- There are 2 types of fatty acid: omega 3 and omega 6
- The human body needs not only sufficient amounts of each but also a suitable ratio between the two
- We have 3 fish oil products
Active Nutrient Strength %RDA
EPA 330.0mg *
DHA 220.0mg *
Total Omega 3 Content 550.0mg *
Total Oil Content 1000.0mg *
RDA = Recommended Daily Allowance
* = No RDA
CYTOPLAN is a unique science-based supplement company exclusively supplying the needs of health care professionals and their patients. Cytoplan was founded in 1990, by practitioners with many years experience in nutrition science.
Our emphasis is on quality, innovation and efficacy of product and Cytoplan has been a leader in the field of food-based supplementation for many years. We work closely with Doctors and scientists to produce products, which are highly bio-effective, truly innovative and backed by research and studies. We have a reputation for quality, integrity, innovation and excellent service.
Our major shareholder is a charitable organisation and we make regular donations of supplements to charities and those in need. We aim to make a significant contribution to the health of our customers and this is more important to us than profit.
All our products are conceived by common sense, grounded in science and proven with results. Cytoplan products are for those who are serious about health, trust that nature holds the key to real health and want a company they can believe in.