- Eating them before and after exercises, especially high cardiovascular exercises, will help fortify and replenish energy levels.
Whilst being high in natural sugars, it must be understood that these are not the same as refined sugars
- Nuts are nutritionally dense powerhouses
- It includes high levels of Vitamin C, vital for the proper function of the immune system, excellent source of manganese and Thiamin (Vitamin B1), both responsible for helping on energy production and antioxidant defenses
- Foods rich in Vitamin C play an integral part in helps your body form collagen and elastin, two structural proteins that give your skin support and elasticity
- A handful of almonds has more protein than an egg, and contains energy-boosting manganese and copper, which limit the free radicals.
Most significantly they are an impressive source of Vitamin E – a powerful antioxidant, which helps protect against cell damage caused by free radicals
- Pineapples are also fat free, cholesterol free and low in sodium
- They also contain high levels of B Vitamins, which promote energy, and minerals such as Manganese, Potassium, Calcium, Zinc, Magnesium, Iron and Selenium.
Coconut offers great health benefits thanks to its iron and fiber content
- Without proper amounts of electrolytes you can experience muscle fatigue which can lead to a feeling of tiredness even though cell energy levels might be high
- Dates carbohydrates are made up mostly of simple sugars, and these simple sugars are easily and quickly converted into glucose for cells to use as energy
- Coconut contains a form of saturated fat called medium chain triglycerides
- They’re loaded with essential vitamins, minerals and antioxidants
- The iron found in coconut helps you make ATP — a source of rapid movement energy — as well as red blood cells that you need for oxygen transport.
It contains a wide range of metabolically important micronutrients, including zinc and vitamin C
- These natural sugars are actually a low-glycemic index food.
Eating dates are a good way to support healthy heart and muscle function
- Furthermore the Baobab fruit has been shown to possess strong antioxidant properties, which help flush unwanted accumulated toxins, but also may boost the benefits of this superfood for the skin.
- They bypass the fat storage cells and instead are utilised for energy.
In addition to its magnificent taste pineapple has shown to posses incredible health benefits
- Dates are high in the potassium and magnesium electrolytes
- Baobab fruit is considered one of the very best food sources of vitamin C in the world, with over 10x the amount found in oranges
Dates, Almonds (nuts) 27%, Pineapple 25%, Coconut 9% Baobab 4%
The Artisan Food Shop Company