G & G L-Cysteine 500mg.
- L-cysteine is considered a nonessential amino acid, meaning that, under normal physiologic conditions, sufficient amounts of this amino acid are formed from the dietary essential amino acid L-methionine and the nonessential amino acid L-serine via a transsulfuration reaction
- L-cysteine is a conditionally essential amino acid under certain circumstances, for example, for preterm infants
- L-cysteine serves as a precursor for synthesis of proteins, glutathione, taurine, coenzyme A and inorganic sulfate
- Glutathionine itself has a number of biochemical functions, including maintenance of normal cellular redox state
- Certain conditions, e.g. an acetaminophen overdose, can deplete hepatic glutathione, and this can be life-threatening
- The antidote to an acetaminophen overdose is L-cysteine, in the delivery form of N-acetylcysteine
- The L-cysteine derived from N-acetylcysteine helps to restore hepatic glutathione
500 mg of L-cysteine
Other ingredients: cellulose, gelatin, purified water, magnesium stearate, MCT, silica.
When taking L-cysteine, N-acetyl-cysteine, or glutathione, it is recommended that three times as much vitamin C should be taken at the same time to prevent these amino acids from being oxidized in the body.
One capsule daily is suggested.
This product is most effectively utilized when taken on an empty stomach with water or juice.
G&G Vitamin Centre began in 1965 in the front room of David and Sheila Gaiman's home. Since then it has expanded to now occupying a 31,000 sq ft building in East Grinstead, West Sussex England. As well as supplying the G&G brand of high quality, pure and effective food supplements, G&G also contract manufacture 'own label' products for some of the top award-winning brands in the UK. With over 45 years of exceptional service in the health food industry, maintaining good health is in good hands!
L-Cysteine is a conditionally essential amino acid and antioxidant. L-Cysteine is one of only three sulfur-containing amino acids, the others being taurine (which can be produced from L-cysteine) and L-methionine from which L-cysteine can be produced in the body by a multi-step process. L-cysteine can act as an antioxidant, may prevent liver diseases, and can help to thicken the individual diameters of existing hair if taken regularly.
G&G Vitamins have been providing customers with a natural approach to a healthy life since 1965 by using only the purest, highest quality and most effective ingredients to make the best food supplements.
G&G's range of vitamins, minerals, herbs and probiotics contain no yeast, wheat, gluten, lactose or added sugar. They have no additives, preservatives, E's, flowing agents or excipients whatsoever.