- Aged rats were fed the two supplements in a trial conducted by a team of researchers led by Bruce N
- It keeps the nerve cells healthy and able to do their job in sending and receiving signals.
Because of their generally greater muscle mass, men need more carnitine than women do
- A formula combining Lipoic Acid and Acetyl-L-Carnitine has been called "Elixir of youth", an "Elixir of life" and other similar names in the media (Daily Express and Daily Mail of 19 February 2002)
- Not only did the older rats do better on memory tests, they had more pep, according to the researchers
- Vegetarians are more likely than non-vegetarians to be deficient in carnitine because it is not found in vegetable protein.
- Ames from the University of California, Berkeley
- "The brain looks better, they are full of energy - everything we looked at looks more like a young animal."
Now experts believe these supplements may do the same for people, and currently clinical trials are being conducted on humans
- "With the two supplements together, these old rats did the Macarena!" said Professor Ames
- LIPOIC ACID
Lipoic Acid is often referred to as the Universal Antioxidant
- Recent experimental evidence seems to confirm that it has a beneficial effect on liver functions, and studies show that it stimulates the regeneration of nerve fibres
- In other words, it increases the use of fat as an energy source and helps prevent fatty build-up in the body tissues.
Carnitine also enhances the effectiveness of the antioxidant vitamins C and E.
Research suggests that Acetyl Carnitine is one of the most valuable nutrients to help heal physically damaged nerves
- As such it helps protecting the body from the damaging effects of the so-called free radicals (those substances produced naturally by the body, thought to be a major cause of the ageing process)
- It is unique in that it is both water- and fat-soluble, unlike other antioxidants, which are soluble in either water (vitamin C) or fat (vitamin E), but not both.
Moreover it has been shown to increase the effectiveness of other antioxidants like Vitamin E, C and beta-carotene
- Lipoic Acid is also involved in the conversion of carbohydrates into energy, thus playing an important role in the metabolism of the body
- It also helps protecting against the formation of cataracts.
Supplementation with Lipoic acid is popular with athletes, concerned with optimising their energy metabolism, and vegans and vegetarians who take it as a supplement to compensate reduced intake of red meat and animal fats, which otherwise are rich sources or Lipoic Acid.
Carnitine transports the fatty acids to the mitochondria, the tiny "power plants" within our cells, where they are converted into energy
Ingredients per Trufil™ capsule:
Acetyl L-Carnitine 150 mg
A-Lipoic Acid 100 mg
Base: stone ground rice flour
The G&G Trufil™ capsule is 100% vegetarian and suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
G&G Vitamin Centre began in 1965 in the front room of David and Sheila Gaiman's home. Since then it has expanded to now occupying a 31,000 sq ft building in East Grinstead, West Sussex England. As well as supplying the G&G brand of high quality, pure and effective food supplements, G&G also contract manufacture 'own label' products for some of the top award-winning brands in the UK. With over 45 years of exceptional service in the health food industry, maintaining good health is in good hands!
G&G Vitamins have been providing customers with a natural approach to a healthy life since 1965 by using only the purest, highest quality and most effective ingredients to make the best food supplements.
G&G's range of vitamins, minerals, herbs and probiotics contain no yeast, wheat, gluten, lactose or added sugar. They have no additives, preservatives, E's, flowing agents or excipients whatsoever.
G & G Foods Vitamin Centre