- The ripe pods are broken apart and allowed to ferment
- Cacao also contains a range of amino acids, and minerals such as magnesium.
Green Origins cacao nibs are made from the Criollo variety, which is often referred to as the “Queen of Cacao” due to its high quality.
Green Origins Cacao is produced by organic growers in Peru
- Through its stringent controls, the Soil Association is able to guarantee the organic integrity of the products that it certifies
- The beans are then washed and disinfected, before being dried
- This process reduces some of the beans’ bitterness
- This ensures that all Soil Association certified products are 100% organic.
- The result is then packed ready for distribution.
All of our organic products are certified by the Soil Association, which audits our whole supply chain
- Dried beans are peeled and their cores extracted, to be broken into pieces or ‘nibs’
- The certification process includes verifying where our organic products are sourced from, how they are processed, how they are packaged and the information on our labels and packaging
- It is the pulp surrounding the beans that ferments and eventually runs away as liquid
Criollo cacao nibs from Peru. Certified organic by the Soil Association.
Store in a cool, dark and dry place. This product should not be used as a substitute for a balanced and varied diet. Please consult a physician before using this product if you are being treated for any medical condition, are pregnant or nursing. If you experience adverse reactions discontinue use and consult your doctor. This product is suitable for vegetarians and vegans and is certified by the Vegan Society.
Cacao nibs are a versatile food that can be added to many foods or alternatively eaten as a snack. Consume 2 tablespoons per day.