- Serotonin is involved in mood, behaviour, appetite, and sleep and is found in many places in the body particularly the brain, gastrointestinal system, and blood cells
- All of these maladies are correctable by raising brain serotonin levels
- As a result, many people are overweight, crave sugar and other carbohydrates, experience bouts of depression, get frequent headaches, and have vague muscle aches and pain
- HealthAid L-5HTP is derived from an African seed, Griffonia Simplicifolia, which is manufactured in the body from L-tryptophan, which is found in dietary proteins and is used to make seratonin, an important substance for normal nerve and brain function.
5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) is an amino acid that is the intermediate step between tryptophan and the important brain chemical serotonin
- The lifestyle and dietary practices of many people living in this stress-filled era results in lowered levels of serotonin within the brain
Microcrystalline Cellulose, di-Calcium Phosphate, (5 HTP) 5-Hydroxytryptophan (Griffonia Seed Ext.), Protein Coat (Shellac), *Magnesium Stearate, *Stearic Acid.
*From vegetable source.
Store in a cool dry place, keep out of reach and sight of children.
Please seek medical advice before taking this product if you are on prescribed medication or Monoamine Oxidase (MAO) inhibitors. Pregnant women to seek advice before use.
- Each tablet contains (average):
5 HTP (L-5 Hydroxytryptophan) 50mg
Derived from Griffonia simplicifolia seed extract
- Free from: Yeast, Gluten, Corn, Starch, Wheat, Soya, Dairy, Artificial Colour, Preservatives & Flavouring
- Suitable for vegetarians
One tablet daily with food as a valuable supplement. Can be increased to two dailies if required or advised by a suitably qualified person.
Throughout the years, the HealthAid philosophy has remained the same: to provide a range of products that are carefully researched and nutritionally balanced and which help to supplement the many and varied dietary needs of the whole community. Many modern lifestyles involve an unhealthy dependence on highly refined or processed foods; busy schedules, skipped meals, everyday stress and unhealthy environments and also take their toll on people's health. HealthAid is committed to maintain an innovative and creative approach to its products, many of which reflect the latest research in the field of nutrition and health. The special and individual needs of children, young people, the elderly, pregnant and lactating women, menopausal women, mature males, athletes, busy executives as well as many other lifestyles are all fully catered for by the HealthAid range.