- Beside water, protein comprises the largest portion of our body weight, and as such, the body’s requirement for protein is directly related to good health
- Additionally the central nervous system cannot function properly without amino acids, which are necessary for the brain to both send and receive information
- As the body cannot store large quantities of protein, as an energy source, it must be consumed daily
- Amino acids, which contain about 16% nitrogen, are organic molecules that form the basic constituents of protein
- They come from protein rich sources such as meat, fish, dairy products and vegetables such as legumes, peas and grains
- Shortages can lead to a number of health disorders, because under these conditions vitamins and minerals are left unable to fulfil their health roles in the body
- Phenylalanine is an essential amino acid which plays a role in brain activity, mood and alertness
- People with repetitive injuries, osteo-arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, back pain, migraines leg and muscle cramps would be well advised to include DLPA as part of their diet
- DLPA enhances production of compound called cholecystokinin (CCK), which may reduce appetite
- Improve moods
- Alleviate depression
- Helps alleviate chronic pain
- Assists in thyroid secretion
- Increase mental alertness
- Reduce weight gain and curb appetite
- Reduce headaches
- Alleviate muscle cramps
Dl-Phenylalanine hydrochloride, Bulking agent ( Microcrystalline cellulose ), Anti caking agent ( *Magnesium stearate, *Stearic acid ), Acacia.
*From vegetable source.
- Do not take in cases of phenylketonuria (PKU).
- Pregnant or lactating women and persons using MAO Inhibitor drugs should seek advice from a qualified medical practitioner before use.
- This product is not recommended as a medicinal product but as a useful essential nutritional supplement
- This product is non-addictive. If tablets taken on a long term basis then take one a day.
- Each tablet contains (average):
- Free from: yeast, gluten, corn, salt, sugar, artificial colour, preservatives & flavouring
- Suitable for vegetarians & vegans
Adults and children over 16 years of age, one tablet daily on an empty stomach, can be increased to three tablets if required or as advised by a suitably qualified person.
Throughout the years, the HealthAid philosophy has remained the same: to provide a range of products that are carefully researched and nutritionally balanced and which help to supplement the many and varied dietary needs of the whole community. Many modern lifestyles involve an unhealthy dependence on highly refined or processed foods; busy schedules, skipped meals, everyday stress and unhealthy environments and also take their toll on people's health. HealthAid is committed to maintain an innovative and creative approach to its products, many of which reflect the latest research in the field of nutrition and health. The special and individual needs of children, young people, the elderly, pregnant and lactating women, menopausal women, mature males, athletes, busy executives as well as many other lifestyles are all fully catered for by the HealthAid range.