- Hijiki's black colour contrasts well with yellow, orange and green tones of other foods
- Hijiki contains an abundance of minerals, and it has been said that the thick, lustruous hair of many Japanese people is partly due to their regular intake of hijiki sea vegetable
- Despite its long history of use and reputation as a health food in Japan, the UK Food Standards Agency (FSA) in 2004 questioned the consumption of hijiki because of the natural presence of arsenic
- Clearspring Hijiki is Hizikia fusiforme, sustainably wild harvested and dried in Japan
100% vegetarian/vegan foods and ingredients.
Wholesome, easy-to-prepare, great tasting daily foods for optimum nutrition.
No artificial additives, MSG, colourings, preservatives or refined sugars.
Ethically sourced foods which support producer communities.
Made using environmentally sustainable and non-GM ingredients.
- soak for 10 minutes (volume will triple)
- discard the soaking water
- cook in fresh water for 10 minutes with your choice of seasonings
- add to vegetable, seed and protein dishes
Clearspring Brand Promise:
Organic/premium quality Japanese and European foods skillfully prepared by artisan and professional producers.
Prepared according to authentic, traditional recipes and our own original recipes developed for present day market needs.
Good foods to be enjoyed globally.
The Clearspring goal is to get organic food back on the dining table, so that you can enjoy the same quality of foods as your grandparents did. By developing the demand for organic foods and encouraging the cultivation of organic crops by farmers today, we can ensure that your grandchildren, too, can enjoy the great taste of good food.?
You will find that each of our food products has a distinct flavour and quality that comes from using the finest quality ingredients and respecting local food traditions.
Copyright © Clearspring Ltd