- No plasticizers are added
- If You Care Compostable Bags are stronger than bags made from corn starch
- The potato starch used to make these bags come from starch potatoes, which are not grown for food but only for starch production
- These potatoes are too high in starch to be good for food
- Therefore, there is no diversion from food supplies
- To produce the same amount of starch from these potatoes as from corn requires 40% less land
- These potatoes require no irrigation, and need only normal rainfall
- Corn requires much more water
- If You Care Compostable Food Waste Bags 3 gallon are for food waste only
- They are perfect for kitchen compost pails
- Line compost pails with bags to collect food scraps and food waste
- Bags along with food scraps can be composted in municipal or commercial compost facilities
If You Care was conceived of as a brand of environmentally friendly kitchen and household products.
The first If You Care products were unbleached coffee filters, and they were launched in 1990. These were the first unbleached coffee filters in the U.S.
Parchment Baking Paper and Baking Cups soon followed. All of the paper products were unbleached and totally chlorine-free.
In 2004, the very first Aluminum Foil made from 100% recycled aluminum was launched. This product featured a 95% energy savings compared to conventional aluminum foil. Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil for grilling and barbecuing, also from 100% recycled aluminum, was introduced in 2007. That same year, waxed paper, from unbleached paper coated with soybean wax was launched. In 2009, two new products are being launched in the fourth quarter – 100% carbon neutral fire starters, made from FSC certified wood and vegetable oil, and sandwich and snack bags made from unbleached greaseproof paper. Many new products in a wide variety of categories are being planned and developed in the coming years.
If You Care
Source Atlantique Inc.