- In the western hemisphere we eat far less plant sterols per day than in other parts of the world
- It also does not involve eating extra dairy products that contribute to your daily fat intake.
Vegetarians - Yes
Pregnant women - Yes
Gluten free diet - Yes
Lactose free diet - Yes
Diabetics - Yes
- Plant sterols and stanols (also known as Phytosterols/stanols), are natural components found in virtually all plants
- They have a similar structure to cholesterol and are processed by the body in the same way.
Lestrin is a dietary supplement containing two important, naturally occurring plant substances;
These plant sterols/stanols are present in Lestrin in the same ratios as are found in nature
- It is possible to use a range foods but this can add to the cost significantly
- There are 60 different types of plant sterol but the most common form is Beta-sitosterol
- To consume 2-3 portions of margarine per day it would mean eating 4-6 slices of bread per day
- They are an important part of our diet yet they are easily destroyed when food is processed
- The recommended consumption of one portion of margarine, one portion of cream cheese and a yoghurt can equate to upto £1.25 per day.
Lestrin provides the plant sterols/stanols in a convenient tablet form that can be taken whenever you want with meals and costs only 43p per day
- They may help maintain normal cholesterol levels as part of a healthy diet and lifestyle
Why is Lestrin different from foods containing Plant Sterols/Stanols?
There are a number of foods on the market that contain plant sterols/stanols such as margarine's, yoghurts and cream cheese spreads
- It is recommended that 2-3 portions should be consumed daily yet it can sometimes be difficult to incorporate these foods into the daily diet
Beta-sitosterol (225mg), Microcrystalline Cellulose, Beta-sitostanol (79mg), Magnesium Stearate, Silicon Dioxide, Vanillin.
Initially, chew two tablets twice a day with meals. For maintenance, intake may be reduced to two tablets per day.
Cedar Health Ltd
Cedar Health Ltd