- His most influential teacher was the world-renowned Swiss naturopath, Alfred Vogel
- Although trained as a pharmacist, Jan de Vries turned to complementary medicine early in his career
- It is not simply a matter of being too fat: those who are severely overweight are prone to a tremendous range of other health problems such as back pain and coronary heart disease
- Jan de Vries now divides his time between clinics in Scotland, Northern Ireland, England and the Republic of Ireland
- Instead, he advocates a carefully balanced diet which allows slimmers to eat most of the foods they like: a diet which fits easily into most people’s lifestyles.
- No exercise classes, no calorie-counting, no special foods
- Author of the bestselling alternative medicine series By Appointment Only, his books are sold in many English-speaking countries and have been translated into Dutch and German.
Whatever you might call it – being overweight or corpulent or carrying excess fat – one thing is certain: obesity is one of the major problems of the developed world today
- Moreover, in view of the overwhelming variety of slimming methods on the market, each claiming to be better than the last, he points out the dangers to health caused by following an inappropriate diet
- In Realistic Weight Control Jan de Vries clearly and sensibly explains why these problems occur and how best to avoid them
- Jan de Vries has decades of experience in dealing with weight-related problems, and has demonstrated a simple and successful route to healthy eating
Bioforce is the UK market leader for Herbal Medicines. The company produces an extensive range of products focusing on A.Vogel organic fresh herb tinctures and tincture tablets. Established in 1987 and based in Irvine, Scotland, we are at the forefront of Phytotherapy, the science of using herbs to maintain health and influence illness.
The majority of herbs used to produce the A.Vogel range are grown using a strict organic protocol, mainly in the fertile conditions of Roggwil. This allows the company to exert complete control over the cultivation of plants, from planting through to harvesting using Good Agricultural and Collection Practice (GACP).
All our products are manufactured under Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) protocols and control. Stringent quality controls and a full range of scientific tests throughout growth and manufacture also ensure the best of quality. Certain herbs such as Arnica montana, Saw Palmetto and Devil?s Claw are cultivated on special farms in other parts of the world, again using organic protocols.
Bioforce (UK) Ltd.