- His most influential teacher was the world-renowned Swiss naturopath, Alfred Vogel
- Although trained as a pharmacist, Jan de Vries turned to complementary medicine early in his career
- Jan de Vries now divides his time between clinics in Scotland, Northern Ireland, England and the Republic of Ireland
- He discusses the issues and provides proven and practical advice especially on a low-stress diet
- Author of the bestselling complementary medicine series By Appointment Only, his books are sold in many English-speaking countries and have been translated into Dutch and German.
In Stress & Nervous Disorders Jan de Vries deals with one of the major problems of today’s society
- Other areas covered in this highly successful and much praised book include depression, anorexia nervosa, phobias, allergies and alcoholism.
By Appointment Only Series
‘Books like this fill the gap. Of course, Jan de Vries is a sophisticated alternative therapist, but what he gives in this book about nervous disorders is more than alternative therapy. He combines alternative treatment with grass-root level wisdom – the thing we lost when we began insuring our bodies and thinking that someone else is responsible for their wellbeing.’
Dr Hans Moolenburgh
Bioforce is the UK market leader for Herbal Medicines. The company produces an extensive range of products focusing on A.Vogel organic fresh herb tinctures and tincture tablets. Established in 1987 and based in Irvine, Scotland, we are at the forefront of Phytotherapy, the science of using herbs to maintain health and influence illness.
The majority of herbs used to produce the A.Vogel range are grown using a strict organic protocol, mainly in the fertile conditions of Roggwil. This allows the company to exert complete control over the cultivation of plants, from planting through to harvesting using Good Agricultural and Collection Practice (GACP).
All our products are manufactured under Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) protocols and control. Stringent quality controls and a full range of scientific tests throughout growth and manufacture also ensure the best of quality. Certain herbs such as Arnica montana, Saw Palmetto and Devil?s Claw are cultivated on special farms in other parts of the world, again using organic protocols.
Bioforce (UK) Ltd.