- Everyone who holds his philosophy that nature has a way to help every illness will find this book an invaluable source of information and encouragement.
Jan de Vries first became interested in herbs and natural remedies when, as a child during the Second World War, he was shown the secrets of the herb garden by an old monk in occupied Holland
- In Traditional Home and Herbal Remedies, Jan de Vries shares with his readers some of these secrets
- Indeed, some of the most frequently prescribed and powerful drugs are based on plant extracts
- Jan de Vries has researched as far back as the twelfth century and has recorded the folk wisdom of various countries, learning from them the popular remedies passed on to them by their forebears.
- After training as a pharmacist as an adult, he felt increasingly drawn to this ancient knowledge and learned all he could from Alfred Vogel, the renowned Swiss naturopath and herbalist; from a group of gypsies who took him up into the mountains; and much later, during his travels in China and the Far East.
Today, more and more people are beginning to rediscover the healing powers of roots and plants
Bioforce is the UK market leader for Herbal Medicines. The company produces an extensive range of products focusing on A.Vogel organic fresh herb tinctures and tincture tablets. Established in 1987 and based in Irvine, Scotland, we are at the forefront of Phytotherapy, the science of using herbs to maintain health and influence illness.
The majority of herbs used to produce the A.Vogel range are grown using a strict organic protocol, mainly in the fertile conditions of Roggwil. This allows the company to exert complete control over the cultivation of plants, from planting through to harvesting using Good Agricultural and Collection Practice (GACP).
All our products are manufactured under Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) protocols and control. Stringent quality controls and a full range of scientific tests throughout growth and manufacture also ensure the best of quality. Certain herbs such as Arnica montana, Saw Palmetto and Devil?s Claw are cultivated on special farms in other parts of the world, again using organic protocols.
Bioforce (UK) Ltd.