- The fruit is first washed and manually selected for quality
- La BIO IDEA citrus peel is made from the rinds of oranges or lemons
- It is cooked briefly, after which corn syrup is added
- The rind is separated from the pulp and cut into blocks in a machine
- This prolongs the life of the peel, enabling it to retain its fresh, sweet flavour.
glucose syrup (made from corn) %
orange peel 25 %
citric acid %
Average nutritional value per 100gr
energy 1206 kJ/288 Kcal
proteins 0.2 g
carbohydrates 70.2 g
fat 0.1 g
la BIO IDEA is a brand of high-quality organic products from the Mediterranean. Products for the tasty southern cuisine made from sun-ripened ingredients. Most products come from sun-drenched Sicily, but there are also suppliers in Portugal, Spain and Greece.
la BIO IDEA products come from organically run farms. This means that no chemical pesticides and fertilizers are used in cultivation. Crops are widely rotated, i.e. each year another type of plant is grown on a piece of land to prevent soil depletion. Compost containing very little animal manure is used and as a result the soil maintains an optimum level of macrobiotic life. This ensures strong plants resistant to all kinds of diseases and pests. No chemical processes and additives can be used in the production of organic products. la BIO IDEA products also contain no artificial aromas, colours or preservatives.
Dutch Organic International Trade