- There they are washed and sorted for quality
- La BIO IDEA peeled tomatoes are picked at their optimum ripeness and taken to the factory immediately
- The skin is removed using an ingenious system
- The peeled tomatoes are put in tins or glass jars, topped up with tomato juice and then sterilized
- Because La BIO IDEA peeled tomatoes are picked at their optimum ripeness and undergo the least possible processing, they maintain the highest flavour that a Sicilian tomato can have.
la BIO IDEA is a brand of high-quality organic products from the Mediterranean. Products for the tasty southern cuisine made from sun-ripened ingredients. Most products come from sun-drenched Sicily, but there are also suppliers in Portugal, Spain and Greece.
la BIO IDEA products come from organically run farms. This means that no chemical pesticides and fertilizers are used in cultivation. Crops are widely rotated, i.e. each year another type of plant is grown on a piece of land to prevent soil depletion. Compost containing very little animal manure is used and as a result the soil maintains an optimum level of macrobiotic life. This ensures strong plants resistant to all kinds of diseases and pests. No chemical processes and additives can be used in the production of organic products. la BIO IDEA products also contain no artificial aromas, colours or preservatives.
La BIO IDEA
La Bio Idea