- However, during times of stress, travel, illness, changes in the diet, and taking antibiotics, the unfriendly, pathogenic bacteria sometimes overwhelm the friendly bacteria
- In these situations, practitioners frequently recommend the use of probiotics (capsules containing beneficial bacteria such as Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium bifidum).
Probably the UK’s most potent probiotic, each gelatin-free capsule of Lamberts® Acidophilus Extra 10 contains 10 billion friendly bacteria, which is the same level of live bacteria found in 20 full pots of a leading supermarket brand of bio-yoghurt!
We use the beneficial Lactobacillus acidophilus La-5 and Bifidobacterium Bb12 strains of bacteria (the most popular strains used in clinical studies)
- The bacteria are freeze dried with an acid stable polysaccharide matrix that helps protect them from stomach acid by up to 50 times!
And whilst our product is stable at room temperature, to ensure maximum potency, we store it in refrigerated conditions until despatch
- A desiccant sachet is also included in every pot to avoid moisture spoiling viability.
It is these extras such as the acid stable polysaccharide matrix, the refrigerated conditions until despatch and the desiccant sachet in every pot that ensure our product meets the claims on our label.
RECOMMEND LAMBERTS® PROBIOTICS TO THOSE PEOPLE WHOSE GUT FLORA IS UNBALANCED DUE TO:
Taking oral antibiotics
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Candida ‘yeast infection’
Bowel disorders associated
with increasing age
- Our digestive system is colonised by billions of bacteria and most of them are harmless
Typically per capsule:
Lactobacillus Acidophilus La5
10 billion live bacteria
1 capsule daily. Take with a glass of milk or water or with a meal. Do not swallow capsules with hot drinks; heat kills bacteria.
Lamberts® philosophy of healthcare is all about ‘sound’ science - we only develop products that are at the right potency and supported by a valid scientific rationale.
Established in 1982, Lamberts® is the UK’s leading supplier of specialist dietary supplements to Practitioners and Pharmacists who use nutrition and herbs in healthcare. We offer an extensive product range including vitamins, minerals, herbs, multiple formulas, fish oil and glucosamine as well as more specialised products such as VeinTain and Refreshall.
All Lamberts® products are manufactured in the UK to stringent pharmaceutical standards of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and approved by the UK Department of Health, so you can be assured that all our products are of the highest pharmaceutical standard.