- This is important for effective digestion by enzymes and for killing pathogenic bacteria present in the food
- The stomach naturally produces hydrochloric acid to keep its content acidic
- However, as we age we tend to produce less acid, and so a supplement may be helpful
- Additionally, several minerals such as iron, calcium and zinc rely on this acid for their utilisation in the body
- Each tablet provides 324mg of betaine hydrochloride along with pepsin, an enzyme that breaks down proteins in food.
Caution: Do not take if peptic ulcers are present or suspected. Do not take if pregnant or breast feeding.
DiCalcium Phosphate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Acacia, Magnesium Stearate, Stearic Acid, Silicon Dioxide.
Disintegration time: Less than 1 hour.
As a food supplement to aid protein digestion, 1 tablet with each main meal up to a maximum of 3 per day. Swallow the tablets whole.
Lamberts® philosophy of healthcare is all about ‘sound’ science - we only develop products that are at the right potency and supported by a valid scientific rationale.
Established in 1982, Lamberts® is the UK’s leading supplier of specialist dietary supplements to Practitioners and Pharmacists who use nutrition and herbs in healthcare. We offer an extensive product range including vitamins, minerals, herbs, multiple formulas, fish oil and glucosamine as well as more specialised products such as VeinTain and Refreshall.
All Lamberts® products are manufactured in the UK to stringent pharmaceutical standards of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and approved by the UK Department of Health, so you can be assured that all our products are of the highest pharmaceutical standard.
5 out of 5
By hochiwich | Posted on: 20/07/2016
A great help
I use this product regularly to help my digestion and am in trouble without it.
5 out of 5
By meme | Posted on: 15/10/2013
Received in good time and packaged adequately