- Watch out for some USA imports which overstate the GDU level per tablet on the front of the label (one described as 3000 GDU is actually 1000GDU)
- This is a measure of how active this naturally sourced enzyme really is and is therefore more relevant than the weight of bromelain
- It is sometimes recommended to be taken alongside glucosamine
- Small vegetarian tablets.
Calcium Carbonate Cellulose Crosslinked Cellulose Gum Tablet Coating (Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose Glycerin) Silicon Dioxide Stearic Acid Magnesium Stearate
- Suitable for vegetarians.
To be stored in a cool dry place and protected from light.
- Bromelain is a protein digesting enzyme extracted from the stem of fresh pineapples which has traditionally been used as an aid to digestion
- Disintegration Time: Less than 1 hour
- However, more recently, research has shown that some bromelain can be absorbed and have useful activity within the body
The following list of allergens are excluded: Wheat, Barley, Soya, Eggs, Milk (and milk products), Lactose, Nuts, Sulphites, Celery, Fish, Shellfish, Yeast and Gluten containing ingredients.
This product is not recommended for pregnant or lactating women.
Each tablet delivers:
Bromelain 400mg Enzyme activity level: 1000 GDU
For joint care: 3 tablets (1 between each meal) for one week. Thereafter a maintenance dose of 1 tablet daily can be taken for 3 to 6 months. For digestive care: 1 tablet before each main meal up to a maximum of 3 per day.