- FOS acts as a prebiotic, which means it encourages the growth of friendly bacteria, which help to suppress pathogenic, troublesome bacteria
- Also the cranberry tablets and capsules that are available are unlikely to contain anywhere near the levels found in a straight powdered product.
- This unique combination of ingredients helps to prevent troublesome bacteria taking hold in the bladder.
Several clinical studies have shown cranberries to be useful in helping the body overcome urinary tract infections caused by bacteria, which adhere to the lining of the bladder
- Lamberts® Cranberry Complex is a high potency sugar free powder concentrate produced from mature cranberries, mixed with a complex carbohydrate called fructo-oligosaccharide (FOS), extracted from chicory root
- Evidence suggests that certain constituents in cranberries can interfere with this adherence, thereby helping the body fight off infection and also reducing the likelihood of an infection occurring.
However, cranberry juice has a rather bitter taste and so you’ll find that most of the commercial cranberry drinks are laden with sugar and high in calories
Typically per 5 grams (1 teaspoon):
Vitamin C 60mg
Cranberry Powder 2470mg
5 to 10 grams daily.
1 heaped teaspoon = 5 grams.
Sprinkle the powder into cold water or fruit juice and mix thoroughly. The powder may be taken safely on a long term basis, used immediately as and when desired.
Lamberts® philosophy of healthcare is all about ‘sound’ science - we only develop products that are at the right potency and supported by a valid scientific rationale.
Established in 1982, Lamberts® is the UK’s leading supplier of specialist dietary supplements to Practitioners and Pharmacists who use nutrition and herbs in healthcare. We offer an extensive product range including vitamins, minerals, herbs, multiple formulas, fish oil and glucosamine as well as more specialised products such as VeinTain and Refreshall.
All Lamberts® products are manufactured in the UK to stringent pharmaceutical standards of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and approved by the UK Department of Health, so you can be assured that all our products are of the highest pharmaceutical standard.
5 out of 5
By Kazzy1165 | Posted on: 28/05/2013
Lamberts Cranberry Complex
I have used this product for the past 4 years to help keep my Kidneys in good working order and reduce possible infections. A teaspoon a day in a small glass of water is all that is required and the produst is low in sugar and the product has probiotic traits too, so all round a good product which is more concentrated than the Cranberry in tablet form