- These can then be absorbed across the gut wall into the bloodstream
- We have chosen enzymes that are largely resistant to degradation caused by the highly acidic conditions in the stomach so that they may reach the small intestine where most digestion takes place
- If this enzyme system does not work effectively, undigested food passing into the large intestine will be fermented by the resident bacteria, causing flatulence, bloating and diarrhoea
- Digestive enzymes are secreted into the digestive tract to break down food matter into its component nutrients
- Supplied in gelatin-free capsules.
Caution: Do not take if pregnant or breast feeding.
Typically per capsule:
Lipase - 125 LU
Amylase - 5000 DU
Protease 4.5 - 10,000 HUT
Protease 3.0 - 10 SAPU
Glucoamylase - 9 AGU
Cellulase - 200 CU
Bromelain - 120,000 PU
Papain - 50,000 PU
Rice Bran, Capsule Shell (Vegetable Cellulose), Silicon Dioxide.
Disintegration time: Less than 1 hour.
1 capsule at the start of each main meal, up to 3 daily.