- It also provides bilberry, blackberry and grapeseed, all well known plant polyphenols, as concentrated extracts
- Plus the mineral zinc and the B vitamin riboflavin, both of which are known to contribute to the maintenance of normal vision and to the protection of cells from oxidative stress.
Lutein is a yellow carotenoid that is not made in the body, and so it has to be obtained from leafy green vegetables in the diet
- Research has shown that eating diets that are low in lutein can result in diminished levels of lutein in the macula
- In plants lutein is produced to help protect the cell contents from damage by sunlight
- To correct this you should try to include leafy green vegetables in your diet, or failing this it is advisable to take a lutein supplement
- Eyewise® provides a full 20mg of lutein (pure, free-form) per tablet, making our product one of the strongest available
- Our bodies are able to use lutein in the same way as it is deposited in the macula where it filters out the harmful wavelengths in sunlight that can damage the delicate light receptor cells of the macula
Calcium Carbonate Cellulose Tablet Coating (Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose Colours: Titanium Dioxide & Iron Oxide), Cross linked Cellulose Gum, Silicon Dioxide Stearic Acid Magnesium Stearate.
This product is not recommended for pregnant or lactating women.
The following list of allergens are excluded: Wheat, Barley, Soya, Eggs, Milk (and milk products), Lactose, Nuts, Sulphites, Celery, Fish, Shellfish, Yeast and Gluten containing ingredients.
Lutein (Pure free-form) 20mg
Bilberry (provided by 50mg of a 4:1 extract) 200mg
Blackberry (provided by 50mg of a 4:1 extract) 200mg
Grapeseed (provided by 10mg of a 50:1 extract) 500mg
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) 0.7mg
Take 1 tablet daily with a meal.
To be stored in a cool dry place and protected from light.
Lamberts® philosophy of healthcare is all about ‘sound’ science - we only develop products that are at the right potency and supported by a valid scientific rationale.
Established in 1982, Lamberts® is the UK’s leading supplier of specialist dietary supplements to Practitioners and Pharmacists who use nutrition and herbs in healthcare. We offer an extensive product range including vitamins, minerals, herbs, multiple formulas, fish oil and glucosamine as well as more specialised products such as VeinTain and Refreshall.
All Lamberts® products are manufactured in the UK to stringent pharmaceutical standards of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and approved by the UK Department of Health, so you can be assured that all our products are of the highest pharmaceutical standard.