- Alpha-linolenic acid is converted by the body into the omega 3 fatty acids present in fish oil (EPA and DHA) as required
- As an essential nutrient, alpha-linolenic acid is required in large amounts by the body but because it is highly unstable, it is not always possible to be sure how much is available in the diet
- Flax seed oil is also a useful source of linoleic acid, the ‘parent’ fatty acid to the omega 6 fatty acids, for which evening primrose is so well known
- The capsules are gelatin-free and provide 1000mg of pure flax seed oil, without the aftertaste or odour associated with fish oils.
- Flax seed oil is currently receiving a great deal of attention from respected nutritionists world-wide, since research has shown it to be one of the world’s richest natural food sources of the omega 3 essential fatty acid alpha-linolenic acid
- The flax seed oil from Lamberts® is cold pressed to ensure that the nutritive qualities are retained
- We also check the degree of saturation, a clear indicator of freshness and stability, to make sure our capsules deliver the claimed nutrients
Typically per capsule:
Flax Seed Oil - 1000mg
Alpha-Linolenic Acid - 500mg
Linoleic Acid - 122mg
Capsule Shell (Modified Starch, Glycerol, Gelling Agent, Carageenan, Acidity Regulator: Disodium Phospate, Colours: Iron Oxides).
Disintegration time: Less than 1 hour.
1 to 3 capsules daily with a meal.
Lamberts® philosophy of healthcare is all about ‘sound’ science - we only develop products that are at the right potency and supported by a valid scientific rationale.
Established in 1982, Lamberts® is the UK’s leading supplier of specialist dietary supplements to Practitioners and Pharmacists who use nutrition and herbs in healthcare. We offer an extensive product range including vitamins, minerals, herbs, multiple formulas, fish oil and glucosamine as well as more specialised products such as VeinTain and Refreshall.
All Lamberts® products are manufactured in the UK to stringent pharmaceutical standards of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and approved by the UK Department of Health, so you can be assured that all our products are of the highest pharmaceutical standard.