- We quote the level of pure plant sterols in our tablets, not the compound weight declared by some companies, which may be only 50% sterols
- Plant sterols are naturally present in vegetable oils and grains, and have been shown to be vitally important for maintaining healthy cholesterol levels
- By blocking this re-absorption of cholesterol, plant sterols can have a positive effect on blood cholesterol levels, even if a low cholesterol diet is being consumed
- Legal Category:
- These fortified foods can make a contribution to the daily intake of sterols but achieving an optimum intake by this means may not suit everyone
- Suitable for vegetarians.
To be stored in a cool dry place and protected from light
- Modern diets tend to be low in plant sterols, and so increasingly foods such as margarine are being fortified with sterols
- This tablet provides a full 800mg of ‘free’ (or pure) plant sterols with up to 80% beta-sitosterols
- Cholesterol is naturally secreted in bile to aid digestion and then re-absorbed further down the gut
- Disintegration Time: Less than 1 hour
- Tableted With:
Calcium Carbonate Crosslinked Cellulose Gum Tablet Coating (Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose Glycerin) Magnesium Stearate Silicon Dioxide
- In structure, plant sterols are similar to cholesterol and they have been shown to benefit health by partially blocking cholesterol from being re-absorbed from the gut
The following list of allergens are excluded: Wheat, Barley, Soya, Eggs, Milk (and milk products), Lactose, Nuts, Sulphites, Celery, Fish, Shellfish, Yeast and Gluten containing ingredients.
This product is not recommended for pregnant or lactating women.
Each tablet delivers:
Plant Sterols 800mg (providing up to 80% beta-sitosterols*)
*The relative levels of individual sterols are subject to natural variation
1 tablet daily.