- Phenylalaine is an essential amino acid and is the precursor for the amino acid tyrosine
- Like tyrosine, it is the precursor for the neurotransmitters called catecholamines (adrenaline, noradrenaline and dopamine)
- As with all our amino acids, Lamberts L-Phenylalanine is presented in its free-form for maximum absorption
- Essential amino acids cannot be synthesised in the body and must be obtained from the diet, whereas non-essential amino acids, whilst still essential for health, can be synthesised in the body and are therefore not classified as 'essential'
- Each capsule provides a full 500mg of L-Phenylalanine.
Caution: Not to be taken by phenylketonuria sufferers (PKU).
Not to be used with MAO inhibitors (a type of anti-depressant medicine).
Do not take if pregnant or breast feeding.
Capsule Shell (Gelatin), Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Stearate, Silicon Dioxide.
Disintegration time: Less than 1 hour.
1 capsule daily with water or fruit juice. An Amino Acid is best taken half an hour before any meal or at bedtime.
Lamberts® philosophy of healthcare is all about ‘sound’ science - we only develop products that are at the right potency and supported by a valid scientific rationale.
Established in 1982, Lamberts® is the UK’s leading supplier of specialist dietary supplements to Practitioners and Pharmacists who use nutrition and herbs in healthcare. We offer an extensive product range including vitamins, minerals, herbs, multiple formulas, fish oil and glucosamine as well as more specialised products such as VeinTain and Refreshall.
All Lamberts® products are manufactured in the UK to stringent pharmaceutical standards of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and approved by the UK Department of Health, so you can be assured that all our products are of the highest pharmaceutical standard.