- Tyrosine is considered a non-essential amino acid because the body can make it from phenylalanine
- Essential amino acids cannot be synthesised in the body and must be obtained from the diet, whereas non-essential amino acids, whilst still essential for health, can be synthesised in the body and are therefore not classified as 'essential'
- It is important to brain nutrition because it is a precursor of the neurotransmitters - dopamine, adrenaline and noradrenaline
- As with all our amino acids, Lamberts L-Tyrosine is presented in its free-form for maximum absorption
- It also acts as a precursor for certain hormones, including thyroxine and for the major human pigment melanin
- Each capsule provides a full 500mg of L-Tyrosine.
Caution: Not to be used with MAO inhibitors (a type of anti-depressant medicine).
Do not take if pregnant or breast feeding.
Capsule Shell (Gelatin), Silicon Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Microcrystalline Cellulose.
Disintegration time: Less than 1 hour.
1 to 4 capsules daily with water or fruit juice. An amino acid is best taken half an hour before any meal or at bedtime.
Lamberts® philosophy of healthcare is all about ‘sound’ science - we only develop products that are at the right potency and supported by a valid scientific rationale.
Established in 1982, Lamberts® is the UK’s leading supplier of specialist dietary supplements to Practitioners and Pharmacists who use nutrition and herbs in healthcare. We offer an extensive product range including vitamins, minerals, herbs, multiple formulas, fish oil and glucosamine as well as more specialised products such as VeinTain and Refreshall.
All Lamberts® products are manufactured in the UK to stringent pharmaceutical standards of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and approved by the UK Department of Health, so you can be assured that all our products are of the highest pharmaceutical standard.