- The formula provides 26 nutrients at relevant levels including, per daily dose, 200µg of GTF chromium which is probably the better known of all the blood sugar (glucose) control nutrients
- Tests on cinnamon have indicated that it may work by helping to activate the insulin receptor, increasing insulin sensitivity
- And these nutrients are all included at significant levels.
We think you will find Lamberts® Multi-Guard® Control an invaluable ‘multi’ for your practice and one that is hard to beat for both its potency and price
- So we have incorporated a full 2000mg of cinnamon into our product, reflecting our policy to formulate our products with relevant potencies.
Other nutrients that have also been shown to help support glucose utilisation include: zinc, vitamin C and in particular the vitamins B1, B3 and B6
- We are delighted to introduce Multi-Guard® Control to the Lamberts® range which has been formulated specially to help the body maintain a more even balance of its energy reserves between meals
- In one study of subjects with blood sugar imbalance, cinnamon lowered levels of LDL and total cholesterol as well as blood sugar levels
- And it goes without saying that it is produced to our normal pharmaceutical standards
- We have included 300mg of magnesium since it is a component of many enzymes involved in the breakdown of blood sugar and acts as a ‘secondary messenger’ for the activity of insulin at the cellular membrane level.
There is also 150mg of alpha lipoic acid as research has shown it can activate the insulin signalling cascade in cells, thus having implications for blood sugar control
- Indeed studies in individuals with blood sugar imbalance have demonstrated that alpha lipoic acid may improve glucose uptake by enhancing insulin sensitivity.
Studies have confirmed that cinnamon has a positive effect on glucose metabolism in individuals with blood sugar imbalance
- This suggests that cinnamon may additionall0y hold promise for helping to reduce the risk factors associated with blood sugar disorders
This product contains iron, which, if taken in excess, may be harmful to very young children. Keep out of sight and reach. Do not take if pregnant or breast-feeding.
Long term intake of this amount of Vitamin B6 may lead to mild tingling and numbness.
Typically per 2 tablets: %RDA*
Vitamin E 50mg 500
Vitamin C 100mg 167
Thiamin 25mg 1785
Riboflavin 12mg 750
Niacin 50mg 278
Vitamin B6 25mg 1250
Folic Acid 400µg 200
Vitamin B12 50µg 5000
Biotin 0.15mg 100
Pantothenic Acid 25mg 417
Vitamin K 0.2mg -
Calcium 100mg 12.5
Iron 14mg 100
Magnesium 300mg 100
Zinc 15mg 100
Iodine 150µg 100
Manganese 4mg -
Copper 0.5mg -
Selenium 0.2mg -
Chromium 200µg -
Choline Bitartrate 25mg -
Inositol 25mg -
Para Amino Benzoic Acid (PABA) 25mg -
Alpha Lipoic Acid 150mg -
Cinnamon Bark 2000mg -
(provided by 400mg of a 5:1 extract) -
Take 2 tablets daily, preferably one with breakfast and the other one with either lunch or dinner, or as directed by a practitioner or pharmacist. Do not exceed recommended daily dose.
- Quality comes from paying attention to detail
And we believe that every single raw ingredient in a Lamberts product is as important as the finished product itself. So we are meticulous in the tests we carry out and ensure that every product that is manufactured is subjected to a series of rigorous tests to ensure they meet the specifications given on the label.
Firstly, the raw materials are tested for quality, purity and potency, then samples of products are taken and tested even while the product is still being made and then a final check is carried out on the finished product.
This commitment has enabled us to produce products of a quality that others can only aspire to.
No wonder practitioners pay so much attention to our brand.
- Dosage, Dosage, Dosage
Premium quality products need to provide the correct potency since dosage is the key to success when using nutrition and herbs in clinical practice. You can have selected the right nutrients but get the levels wrong and you won’t get the results you hoped. And whilst you’d be right in thinking that getting the dosage right is a fundamental requirement in practice, it is surprisingly difficult to achieve this by using many of the supplements on the market.
At Lamberts, however, we start with dosage. Lamberts philosophy of healthcare is all about ‘sound’ science - we only develop products that are at the right potency and supported by a valid scientific rationale. Indeed it is the potency of our products that truly sets us apart from other brands and enables practitioners to be able to put their trust in our products.
- Informative and accurate labels
Great products need to be perfectly labelled too and Lamberts has pioneered the accurate labelling of dietary supplements.
Lamberts takes considerable care to use the correct terms for all the ingredients in our products and we do not hesitate to declare everything that is used. What we say on the label is an honest representation of what is in the product.
To be sure that our tablets or capsules contain the active ingredients specified, we know that certain inactive ingredients need to be used. It is very difficult, if not impossible, to produce food supplements without using some inactive ingredients and products whose labels do not show any are in our opinion, either inaccurately made or inaccurately labelled.
Lamberts® philosophy of healthcare is all about ‘sound’ science - we only develop products that are at the right potency and supported by a valid scientific rationale.
Established in 1982, Lamberts® is the UK’s leading supplier of specialist dietary supplements to Practitioners and Pharmacists who use nutrition and herbs in healthcare. We offer an extensive product range including vitamins, minerals, herbs, multiple formulas, fish oil and glucosamine as well as more specialised products such as VeinTain and Refreshall.
All Lamberts® products are manufactured in the UK to stringent pharmaceutical standards of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and approved by the UK Department of Health, so you can be assured that all our products are of the highest pharmaceutical standard.
© Lamberts Healthcare