- Create a memorable exploration of how the heart and lungs work together for oxygen exchange by adding coloured liquid to the unit
- Easy-to-use, multi-sensory model uses a simple hand pump to demonstrate basic heart and pulmonary blood flow
- Includes clearly labelled heart chambers, main artery, veins and lungs, 10 packs of dye and??Activity Guide
- Stays mess-free — liquid is sealed in
Measures approximately 12"L x 11"W x 5"D
Includes Activity Guide
Putting Water into the System
– For best results and to prevent mold, use distilled water
– Work over a sink or water-safe area
– Use care with the red powder; avoid contact with clothing to prevent staining
– The model is designed to use 75 ml of water. The model must contain at least
40 ml of water, but do not exceed 120 ml in the unit to ensure correct performance
– The red powder is a safe, food-grade dye, but is not for consumption;
avoid contact with eyes
– Only use the dye provided with this model; do not add food coloring
Removing Water from the System
– Drain water from the model before storing for long periods
– Draining the system will require a small Phillips screwdriver
– Drain the water in a sink or bucket; avoid contact with clothing
to prevent staining.
Putting Water into the System:
1. Add (1) packet of dye to 75 ml of water and mix to dissolve.
2. Remove the rubber hand pump from its connection point without pulling
on the tubing.
3. Carefully pour the red water mixture into the empty hand pump
(pour over a sink or bucket).
4. Carefully reassemble the hand pump.
5. Wipe the hand pump and model with paper towel to dry.
How to Use:
Gently squeeze the hand pump and fully depress the bulb.
Release and allow the hand pump to reinflate.
Removing Water from the System:
1. Remove the model from its base and lay face down.
2. Use a small Phillips screwdriver to remove the screws from the rubber
stopper on the back of the model. Carefully remove the rubber stopper.
3. Twist and pull the white plug out from the back tubing.
4. Squeeze the hand pump repeatedly to empty the system; tip the board to
assist this process.
5. Remove the rubber hand pump from its connection point and empty
remaining liquid from the bulb.
6. Add clean water to the hand pump, reconnect, and repeat steps 4–6 until
the system is flushed.
7. If preparing for long-term storage, allow the model to air dry for several days
before reinserting the rubber stopper and white plug.
8. Be sure the rubber stopper (with screws) and the white plug are in place before
adding new dyed water into the system.
Learning Resources is a leading manufacturer of innovative, hands-on educational materials for classrooms worldwide and learning toys. For 25 years, Learning Resources has been a trusted source for teachers and parents for quality, award-winning educational products in math, science, language, language arts, reading, early childhood, measurement, Spanish, ELL and ESL teaching, time and money. Product brands include Reading Rods, Pretend & Play, Gears! Gears! Gears!, Power of Science, Three Bear Family and Cuisenaire Rods. Product types include games, puzzles, card games, bingo games, board games, floor mats, floor puzzles, wooden puzzles, classroom kits, electronics, books, reading manipulatives, math manipulatives, pocket charts, activity books, activity kits, science kits, creativity and fine motor skills.