- Clinical research has shown that Medihoney™ Antibacterial Honey is effective against a broad spectrum of bacteria, including antibiotic resistant organisms
- Wound care advantages : Provides antibacterial protection
- Medihoney™ Antibacterial Wound Gel has been specially formulated with natural waxes and oils to provide a high viscosity gel that is easy to apply.
- Assists healing through a moist wound healing environment
- Medihoney™ Antibacterial Wound Gel contains Medihoney™ standardized Antibacterial Honey
- Assists in the removal of dead tissue
- Pressure ulcers
- Leg / foot ulcers .
- A natural product
- Effective against a variety of bacteria including antibiotic resistant bacteria such as MRSA and VRE
Medihoney™ Antibacterial Wound Gel should be applied liberally to prevent the wound fluid from excessively diluting the antibacterial effects of the product. It can be applied either directly to the wound or into a gauze dressing. A non-adherent gauze should be applied to cover the Medihoney™ Antibacterial Wound Gel with additional secondary dressings applied as required, dependent on wound fluid levels. The frequency of dressing changes will depend on how rapidly Medihoney™ Antibacterial Wound Gel is being diluted by fluids. Daily dressing changes are usual during the initial stages of wound healing. As fluid levels decrease fewer dressing changes are required and can be left up to 3 days. Medihoney™ Antibacterial Wound Gel can be removed from the wound by rinsing with saline or tap water at dressing change.
The Miles Group