Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- Ask the child to sort the cookie toppings into four similar groups and identify the colors on each topping.
- Ask the child to make cookies to order. For example, you might request a cookie with chocolate icing on top, or two cookies with sprinkles on top.
- Ask the child to slice the cookie dough into 12 cookies, counting aloud. Now ask the child to place a cookie topping on each cookie, counting to 12 once again.
- Ask the child to count the candy circles on one cookie topping.
- Ask the child to count the candy circles on two cookie toppings, then on three cookie toppings. When the child is able to count all nine candy circles.
- Ask the child to count sprinkles by color, one cookie topping at a time.
- Ask the child to prepare four or more cookies with different cookie toppings.
- Ask the child to study the cookies, then to close his/her eyes. Remove and conceal one of the four cookies.
- Ask the child to describe the missing cookie.
- Ask the child to tell a story about the cookies he/she is baking. Is there a special party, holiday or event they will be used for?
||Learning Express: Learning Express Best Toy Award 2009
2 years - 6 years