- Spirulina is highly digestible and the most nutritious, concentrated whole- food known to humankind
- Hawaii's year-round grown conditions and integrated culture management system have made this possible
- Spirulina is nature's richest whole-food source of naturally occurring organic iron
- The Hawaiian Spirulina strain development and perfection started in 1984
- Hawaiian Spirulina has been extensively analysed by molecular biologists at the University of Hawaii who identified unique enzymes not previously found in other strains of spirulina platensis.
- Spirulina is a microscopic spiral shaped, blue-green vegetable algae that's been used as a significant food source for centuries
- Spirulina is nature's richest source of gamma linolenic acid (GLA)
- Spirulina is natures richest whole-food source of the entire anti-oxidant spectrum including: beta-carotene, selenium, superoxide dismutase (SOD), methionine, cysteine, glutathionine Peroxides, copper, manganese, zinc, B-1, B-2, B-3, B-5, and B-6
- It contains a rich spectrum of available proteins and is the richest source of beta-carotene and mixed carotenoids in the world
- It is nature's richest whole-food source of complete protein
- Spirulina is a rich whole-food source of chlorophyll - equal to that of alfalfa or wheat-grass
- It is the only source of phycocyanin (the 'blue pigment' phytonutrient) which is a powerful immune stimulant
- It's 3 times richer than evening primrose! The polyunsaturated oils in spirulina contain 21% GLA (GLA is the active ingredient in evening primrose oil - evening primrose oil contains up to 10% GLA.) Hawaiian Spirulina is a select strain of arthrospira platensis developed over many years of continuous cultivation in Hawaii
- The cultures grown by Cyanotech in Hawaii represent the oldest continuously cultivated and harvested spirulina in the world
- Spirulina is nature's richest source of beta-carotene (pro-vitamin A), it's 25 times higher than raw carrots! Beta-carotene in Spirulina is completely non-toxic, even in mega doses
- Rich in GLA, it also contains important B complexes including bio-available B12 and other essential organic, whole-food minerals and trace elements
- It's 58 times richer in iron than raw spinach and 28 times richer than raw beef liver
Hawaiian Pacifica Spirulina tablets and capsules are NOT subjected to heat or wet granulation processing, which can adversely affect many nutrients and the overall potency of Spirulina. The tablets are made on the farm in Hawaii using a cold pressed process. The capsules are vegetarian and deliver almost the same quantity of Spirulina as the tablets. For convenience and a quick nutritional boost any time, our tablets or capsules can be carried in a purse, backpack or suitcase. Keep some at home and some at work. Hawaiian Pacifica Spirulina can go everywhere with you. A serve is six tablets or capsules, but you may prefer to use a bit less. Spirulina is a dry food so don't forget to drink plenty of water. Kids and pets like to suck the tablets like lollies for the smooth buttery taste, then wash the dark green (chlorophyll) down with a big glass of water or juice.
Hawaiian Pacifica Spirulina is a specially bred strain of the edible microalgae spirulina platensis. It is cultured in shallow, open ponds (approximately 20 cm deep) in Hawaii , adjacent to the Pacific Ocean . A combination of fresh Hawaiian aquifer (potable) water and supplemental mineral rich Deep Ocean water is used to fill the ponds. The other major components required for growing Hawaiian Pacifica Spirulina are food-grade baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) and carbon dioxide. Food grade fertilizers are used and the deep sea water is added as a rich source of minerals and trace elements. Paddle wheels agitate the water, ensuring even exposure of the algae to the sun for optimal growth and nutritional value. 350 metric tons of premium-quality Spirulina Pacifica are grown each year at Cyanotech's 80-acre Hawaiian, oceanfront production facility. Once the spirulina is harvested fresh from the ponds, it is imperative that the important, sensitive nutrients it contains are protected against damaging oxidation. One of the unique methods used by Cyanotech to protect against oxidation is in the drying method. Patented Ocean-Chill Drying™ protects phytonutrients and enzymes Spirulina provides a wide range of delicate phytonutrients with very significant health benefits. To reduce processing losses of these delicate compounds Cyanotech have developed and patented Ocean Chill Drying™. This is a process whereby the air used in the spray drier is put through a column of cold, deep ocean water pumped up from 2000ft. This 'rips' the oxygen from the dryer's air, exposing the spirulina to far less oxidation than with conventional spray drying, and retaining much higher levels of delicate nutrients such as beta-carotene and superoxide-dismutase than all other brands. All Hawaiian Spirulina is dried with this process, giving it much higher levels of phytonutrients and enzymes. Tabletting Once dried, tablets are made on the farm in Hawaii using a cold pressed process (no heat, no "wet-granulation").