- So, by enjoying a bowl of Mornflake Very Berry Oat Bran Flakes every day you'll get 1g of your recommended 3g intake of beta glucans (the soluble oat bran fibre)
- Now that IS clever!
High in fibre
Helps actively reduce cholesterol*
*As part of a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle, oat beta glucans have been shown to help lower blood cholesterol
- Blood cholesterol lowering may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease
- One 40g portion of Mornflake Very Berry Oatbran Flakes provides 1g of beta glucans from oatbran, which is 33% of 3g, the suggested daily intake.
Great for Vegetarians.
How to serve:
Served simply with fresh, chilled milk is everyone's favourite but have you tried them drizzled with runny honey and sprinkled with chopped almonds for a really delicious treat? Or try a dollop of natural yoghurt and a handful of juicy blueberries for something a little different.
- Oatbran works by absorbing excess cholesterol on its way through your body
Mornflake OATBRAN (40%), WHOLEWHEAT, Sugar, Freeze Dried Fruits (5%) (Freeze Dried Strawberry, Freeze Died Raspberry, Freeze Dried Cranberry), Malt Extract [from BARLEY], Salt, Folic Acid, Iron, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Thiamin [Vitamin B1], Vitamin B12, Riboflavin [Vitamin B2], Vitamin B6, Vitamin D, Vitamin E.
For allergens, including cereals containing gluten see ingredients in BOLD. Also suitable for NUT & MILK allergy sufferers due to the methods used in the manufacture of this product.
Typical Values Per 100g Per 40g with 125mls semi-skimmed milk Per 40g % RI Per 40g Portion
Energy (kJ) 1597kJ 903kJ 639kJ 8%
Energy (kcal) 378kcal 214kcal 151kcal 8%
Fat 4.2g 4.0g 1.7g 2%
of which saturates 0.8g 1.7g 0.3g 2%
Carbohydrates 63.8g 33.4g 27.4g 11%
of which sugars 19.5g 13.8g 7.8g 9%
Fibre 8.4g 3.4g 3.4g -
Protein 12.2g 9.4g 4.9g 10%
Salt 0.42g* 0.30g* 0.17g* 3%*
Vitamins Per 100g %NRV Per 40g Portion with 125mls Semi Skimmed Milk %NRV Per 40g Portion %NRV
Folic Acid 146µg 73% 67.7µg 35% 58.4µg 29%
Niacin 11.7mg 73% 4.8mg 30% 4.7mg 29%
Pantothenic Acid 4.4mg 73% 2.6mg 44% 1.8mg 29%
Thiamin (Vitamin B1) 0.8mg 73% 0.4mg 33% 0.3mg 29%
Vitamin B12 1.8µg 73% 1.9µg 74% 0.7µg 29%
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) 1.0mg 73% 0.7mg 52% 0.4mg 29%
Vitamin B6 1.0mg 73% 0.5mg 35% 0.4mg 29%
Vitamin D 3.7mg 73% 1.5mg 29% 1.5mg 29%
Vitamin E 8.8mg 73% 3.6mg 30% 3.5mg 29%
Minerals Per 100g %NRV Per 40g Portion with 125mls Semi Skimmed Milk %NRV Per 40g Portion %NRV
Iron 10.2mg 73% 4.1mg 29% 4.1mg 29%
(RI = Reference Intake) Reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)
* The salt content is exclusively due to the presence of naturally occurring sodium.