- Many women are unaware that rayon and rayon-cotton blends are widely used in the manufacture of tampons
- Natracare tampons were developed as a direct response to health and environmental concerns about dioxin pollution caused by chlorine bleaching, the extensive use of pesticide spraying on conventionally grown cotton, and the use of rayon and other synthetics in tampons
- Published scientific reports have shown that evidence is growing that even low levels of dioxins may be linked to cancer, endometriosis, low sperm counts and immune system suppression
- Certified organic cotton removes the risk of direct exposure to residues from chemical pesticides and fertilisers used on traditional cotton
- Considering a woman may use as many as 11,000 tampons in her lifetime, she may be subjecting herself to additional dioxin exposure.
Natracare tampons are made from only certified organic 100% cotton and are the only fully certified organic cotton tampons available in the world today
- Rayon is commonly chlorine-bleached, and is a highly absorbent fibre
- The applicators have a rounded, petal-shaped end that makes inserting the tampon easier and more comfortable
- The applicator is made from biodegradable card.
- Dioxin, a toxic carcinogen, is a by-product of all chlorine bleaching methods and is also found throughout the environment in varying levels as a by-product of pesticide spraying and pollution from incinerators
- Dioxin has been found to collect in the fatty tissues of animals, including humans and should, therefore, be a real concern for women
- They are non-chlorine bleached and women can be reassured that they do not contain synthetic materials, such as rayon, or chemical additives such as binders or surfactants
Natracare was developed in 1989 by Susie Hewson, and today her products have become the natural choice for all thinking women. She created the range of 100% cotton tampons and totally chlorine-free pads and panty liners, as an alternative to the common brands generally available to women. Natracare certified organic, 100% cotton tampons and intimate wipes are never chlorine bleached and are free of synthetics and irritating, harsh chemicals. The full range of sanitary pads and panty liners are made from totally chlorine free, natural and sustainable materials, which is an important factor in why so many women choose Natracare. They wish to restrict their contact with synthetic materials, unnecessary chemicals and irritating additives and preservatives as well as avoiding the synthetic materials that continues to pollute our environment.
NATRACARE BODYWISE (UK) LTD
Bodywise UK Ltd