- Rayon is commonly chlorine-bleached, and is a highly absorbent fibre which rapidly absorbs menstrual blood but at the same time can also dry out the natural protective mucous lining of the vagina.
Dioxin, a toxic carcinogen, is a by-product of all chlorine bleaching methods and is also found throughout the environment in varying levels as a by-product of pesticide spraying and pollution from incinerators
- Considering a woman may use as many as 11,000 tampons in her lifetime, she may be subjecting herself to additional dioxin exposure.
Natracare tampons are all made from only certified organic 100% cotton and are the only fully certified organic cotton tampons available in the world today
- They are non-chlorine bleached and women can be reassured that they do not contain synthetic materials, such as rayon, or chemical additives such as binders or surfactants
- Many women are unaware that rayon and rayon-cotton blends are widely used in the manufacture of tampons
- Dioxin has been found to collect in the fatty tissues of animals, including humans and should, therefore, be a real concern for women
- Published scientific reports have shown that evidence is growing that even low levels of dioxins may be linked to cancer, endometriosis, low sperm counts and immune system suppression
- Certified organic cotton removes the risk of direct exposure to residues from chemical pesticides and fertilisers used on traditional cotton.
Natracare stands for more than just organic and natural products. We are an award winning, ethical company committed to offering organic and natural solutions for personal health care that leave a soft footprint on the earth out of respect for our future generations.
For all of our feminine hygiene and baby care products, we use only organic and natural materials that meet the highest organic, environmental and biodegradable standards, sourced from raw material producers that manage and monitor resources respectfully and share our principles.
100% organic cotton • non-chlorine bleached • rayon-free • certified organic
Bodywise (UK) Ltd 2009
Body Wise UK Ltd