- Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6) is water soluble and therefore not stored in your body
- If not used, it is excreted within 8 hours after ingestion, so like all the other B vitamins it needs to be replaced by whole food or supplements
- Vitamin B6 contributes an important role in the functioning of the immune and nervous systems due to its production of red cells and the cells of the immune system
- Vitamin B6 contributes to the regulation of body fluids through maintaining balances of sodium and potassium
- The need for vitamin B6 increases during pregnancy and lactation
- Food State vitamin B6 and that found in foods is in the form of Pyridoxal 5 Phosphate, the bioactive and enzymatically converted form of B6
- This supplement comprises a food base of ‘lactobacillus bulgaricus’ a native and friendly bacterial inhabitant of the human GI tract
- As this bacteria fits into normal metabolic pathways it acts as a natural carrier to helps give optimal absorption and utilisation of the nutrients
- This supplement is suitable for Men, Women, Children and the Elderly
- This Food State supplement comprises 20mg of Pyridoxal (Vitamin B6) per tablet
- What does it do?
- It may support digestion of protein
- It may help to balance sex hormones
- It may help prevent nervous and skin disorders
- It may help to reduce night muscle spasms, leg cramps, hand numbness
- Why might you choose to take extra Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6)
- If you consume a diet high in processed foods
- If you lead a busy and hectic lifestyle
- Why Nature's Own?
Nature's Own Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6) supplement is in a food state which means the nutrients will be presented to your body in the same form as they are in food
- Food state nutrients have been tested by independent laboratories who found that they
- Are significantly better absorbed, longer retained and better used than standard chemical supplements
- Do not need to be taken with food as it contains all the necessary food factors needed for absorption
- Have no known allergic reactions
- Are suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans
Lactobacillus bulgaricus* (from yoghurt) combined with vitamin B6; vegetable stearic acid. *Beneficially combined in a base of lactobacillus bulgaricus. A native and friendly bacterial inhabitant of the human GI tract.
Contraindications: Long term intakes of more than 10mg of B6 daily may lead to mild tingling and numbness.
Nutrient Per Tablet dose %RDA
Pyridoxine (B6) 20mg 1000
Suggested Intake: 1 tablet daily, or take as directed by a practitioner.
Vitamin B6 provides a role in:
Normal function of the immune system
Regulation of hormonal activity
Formation of normal red blood cells
Contribution to normal energy-yielding metabolism
Normal function of the nervous system
Contribution to normal cysteine synthesis
Contribution to normal homocysteine metabolism
Normal protein and glycogen metabolism
Contribution to normal psychological functions
Reduction of tiredness and fatigue
Food State Benefits
Nature's Own uniquely provide nutrients in the same form as those in food - Food State supplements - supplements that present vitamins and minerals in a format as close as possible to the foods where those micronutrients naturally occur.
This supplement is suitable for Vegetarians, and those with Candida and yeast sensitivities
Free from yeast, wheat, starch, gluten, soy, added colourings, sweeteners and preservatives
Free from Genetically Modified Substances
Nature's Own was born in 1979; the main difference between Nature's Own and other companies is that we sell our vitamin and mineral products in a Food State. This means they work in the body like food, which means the body knows how to use them to nourish whichever part of the body is in need.