- PS and PC are implicated in a myriad of membrane-related functions
- Today, PS is made from soybeans or other plants and is just as effective.Thus, Neuralta® Brain Power liquid capsules are made from soybean extract which contains 20% PS.
Effects of PS and PC
Clinical studies suggest that PS can support brain functions that tend to decline with age
- Furthermore, limited storage of DHA in adipose tissue suggests that a continued supply is needed.
DHA, PS and PC in action
PS and DHA are essential constituents of brain membranes and are central in brain activity
- PS is essential to the functioning of all body cells, but is most needed in the brain.
Sources of PS
Normally our body can synthesise all the PS it needs
- It is crucial for the functioning of embedded proteins such as rhodopsin, and for vision and post-synaptic receptors for neurotransmission
- Thanks to the nitrogen bubble injected into the capsule, the liquid fill can move freely and visibly within the capsule
- DHA is a major building block of cell membranes and can be found in high concentrations in brain and nerve tissue as well as in the eye retina and testes
- 17 to 25 studies in humans have shown the following PS benefits:
• Improves age-related nerve endings and dendrite damage
- anti-depressants, sleeping pills, strong pain killers, psychotropics, illicit drugs etc
- However, due to viruses harboured in animal brain cells, this source is no longer available
- DHA is crucial for the synthesis of PS in the human brain
Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), an Omega 3 polyunsaturated fatty acid, is an essential component for human health
- PS has been the subject of many human clinical trials, has gained FDA recognition and is used worldwide
- However, in our diet, only animal sources such as brain, kidneys, liver and fatty fish such as mackerel are rich in PS.
As a result, vegetarians consume much less PS
- One special function of PS is to keep neuronal membranes flexible, to enable the free flow of nutrients
- A deficiency of DHA leads to a Cardiovascular health creased PS content in the brain.
In the same way as acetylcholine, PS and PC facilitate the production and the release of neurotransmitters, such as acethylcholine, which may diminish as we age or suffer from mental decline
- This look is highly appreciated by consumers and implies fast action, higher efficacy, quality, convenience and safety.
Moreover Neuralta memory liquid capsules perfectly protect fatty acids from oxidation.
• Improves cognitive performance
• Improves mood
• Improves learning abilities and memory
• has neuroprotective and antioxidative properties especially when taking medicines and drugs that act on the brain eg
- DHA has long been recognised as an essential nutrient in infant formulas, necessary to ensure proper brain development and visual acuity.
Application fields for DHA
• Cardiovascular health
• Brain health
• Visual function
• Healthy ageing
• Longer shelf life
• Odourless and tasteless
• Easy to swallow
• Attractive and appealing look
• Neuralta Liquid Capsules are approved by pesco-vegetarian diets and specific food requirements
GFK consumer survey performed in 2007 in Germany with a panel of 100 consumers.
Liquid capsules are an innovative delivery form with an entirely new appearance
Neuralta brain power strengthens the nervous system especially the central nervous system which weakens with age and in cases of chronic pain.
PC and PS phospholipids, vital for our cells
Phosphatidylcholine (PC) and phosphatidylserine (PS) are phospholipids located within the inner leaflet of the cell membrane
- PS was originally manufactured from cow brains, and most studies used this form
- Generally, DHA in phospholipids contributes to membrane properties such as fluidity, flexibility and permeability
1 to 2 capsules per day or as directed by your pharmacist or doctor.
Alta Care Laboratoires