- It is available in two different strengths:
- willpower alone
- Low Strength 2mg Gum: Suitable for those who smoke 20 cigarettes a day or less.
It's important to choose the correct strength to suit your individual smoking pattern.
How does it work?
When you chew NICORETTE® Icy White Gum, not only does it taste great, it releases nicotine into your body to help you deal with cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
When you use NICORETTE® Icy White Gum correctly you can double your chances of stopping smoking successfully vs
- Full Strength 4mg Gum: Suitable for those who smoke more than 20 cigarettes per day.
- NICORETTE® Icy White Gum allows you to actively control how much nicotine you use and when you use it
Contains nicotine, Requires willpower. Always read the label.
How do I use the Gum?
To make sure you get the most from NICORETTE® Icy White Gum you should use the correct chewing technique:
1. Chew the gum slowly until the taste becomes strong.
2. When this happens, rest the gum between your cheek and teeth.
3. Chewing the gum releases the nicotine, which is then absorbed through the lining of the mouth.
4. When the taste has faded chew the gum again.
How many pieces do I need?
Most people start by using between 8-12 and up to 15 pieces of gum each day. You should use the gum for at least three months and then gradually reduce the number of pieces you chew. When you are only using 1 or 2 pieces a day, you should stop completely. If you start with the Full Strength 4mg Gum, you can switch to the Low Strength 2mg Gum during the reduction stage.
NICORETTE® understands that all smokers are different, that’s why we offer the widest range of nicotine replacement products to help you stop smoking in the way that is best for you.
© McNeil Healthcare (UK) Limited
Johnson & Johnson MSD Consumer Pharmaceuticals