- Designed and conceived by interpreting the needs of the professionals, this line is made with the most innovative technological advancements available, making use of cutting-edge solutions and ultra-light materials
- Thanks to this technology, the upper features larger air vents resulting in improved comfort during pedalling.
New Northwave Speedplay Adapter System
- The soles have been reduced in thickness but the overall stiffness has been increased so the mechanical energy transfer action from the shoe to the pedal can be concentrated in a small area
- The vents have also been strategically placed along the upper and the sole to work as an integrated system designed to provide a constant air flow.
Northwave has extended to its entire new collection the use of thermowelded unibody uppers
Carbon Light Sole
Carbon fibre and nylon: an effective solution for demanding cyclists who require high performance with very low weight.
Upper - Ultralight PU
NW Biomechanical Mapping
From a biomechanical point of view, the foot function is essential as it stores the force generated by muscles which is then transmitted to the pedal in the boost phase
- The natural outsole shape means the fore or aft cleat positions do not push the pedal further from the foot compared to completely flat 4 hole systems.
- The straps have been lightened by all superfluous elements, presenting thinner thicknesses and discharged central areas, thereby maintaining maximum grip
- Saves 7.5 grams
- Nylon with stainless steel outsole protection plate
- Just 0.3mm stack height instead of 3mm with normal Speedplay adaptor
- The central strap has been moved to the center so as to follow theanatomy of the foot and reduce the pressure on the side area, a particularly sensitive spot
Each element of the BioMap shoes by Northwave has been designed to keep the foot in the correct position while pedalling, transmitting the force directly on the pedals without loss of energy
- Because every detail can make the difference at the finish line
Performance Pro Footbed
EVA and microfiber offer lightness, sole support and the perfect degree of stiffness to transmit all your power to the pedals
- Co-developed with Speedplay
- Ideal for athletes who demand top performance from the products they choose
Integrated Heel System
The new unibody construction of the uppers allowed to integrate an efficient heel retention system inside the structure, without the need of external elements
- Same efficiency, reduced weight.
3 Asymmetrical Straps
The asymmetrical construction is another innovation of the collection
- The upper has had its stitching minimized and is designed to anatomically follow the shape of the foot, preventing slipping and providing an effective support
- Still allows natural curved outsole shape and reduces unnecessary weight that some 4 hole flat soled Speedplay specific shoes have.
Performance Line - Challenge Yourself
The character is evident from the name: PRO
- Two main advantages are:
- Use of thinner and therefore lighter materials
- Almost complete stitching elimination
The upper results are a more anatomical fitting, in order to better envelop the foot