Omega 3 Fish Oil 1000mg.
- Omega-3 is an essential fatty acid (EFA, also known as a polyunsaturated fatty acid (PUFA)) that is derived from both animal and plant sources, although Omega-3 from fish oil is the most common supplemental form
- Fatty acids are the basis of fats and oils, and, despite popular belief, are necessary for overall health
- These fatty acids are termed ?essential? because your body cannot manufacture them by itself
- EFA?s must come from food or supplemental sources
- They are also essential because they are a component of every living cell in the body, and are necessary for rebuilding existing cells and the production of new cells
- Different scientific studies on the oil of ocean-water fish have demonstrated that EPA and DHA reduce the 'bad' cholesterol (the low density lipoprotein cholesterol, LDLs) and raise the 'good' cholesterol (the high density lipoprotein, HDLs)
- These marvelous fatty acids, assist in lowering blood pressure by helping to reduce arterial constriction
- And if you already have low blood pressure, EPA and DHA will not drive it lower
- They also help lower blood fat, known as triglycerides, which if too elevated will present significant risk for heart disease
Regarding safety, fish oil or flaxseed oil will contribute to blood thinning, and this is desirable. However, if you are on blood thinning medication or using ASA frequently, check with your physician first. These oils are contra-indicated in hemophiliacs and those who have a tendency to hemorrhage.
From a small mail order business in David and Sheila Gaiman’s Sussex home, G&G today has grown to be the largest manufacturer of encapsulated products in the UK’s health industry. Along the way the company has passed milestones and achieved several firsts in the ever-growing field of nutrition and health.
Sheila Gaiman qualified as a pharmacist in the 1960s but soon decided that natural solutions to health problems were preferable to most drugs. Combining her talents with her husband’s knowledge of nutrition they started to supply Vitamin E, a scarce commodity back in 1965. By the late 1970s the company had taken over a shop in East Grinstead’s High Street, where it combined retail sales with a burgeoning mail order business. The company’s insistence on the highest quality standards gradually evolved to the purchase of a 10,000 square foot manufacturing facility on the outskirts of the town. From here G&G commenced their own manufacturing and developed the Trufil™ capsule, a process which meant absolutely no fillers or excipients were added to any formula. Steady growth necessitated a further move and in 1997 a 31,000 square foot facility was purchased at Vitality House, Imberhorne Way.
Amongst further advancements in the company’s manufacturing procedures, there was the establishment of a pharmaceutical-standard ‘Clean Room’. G&G now offer totally vegetarian capsules across most products provided; they were also the first company in the UK to be licensed by the Soil Association to produce organic encapsulated herbs. The company’s launch, in 2004, of EssentialFood™ heralded the most complete certified organic functional food product anywhere in the world. Third party manufacturing work has continued to blossom: the company produces around 3 million capsules a week and recently celebrated the manufacture of its 3-billionth capsule!
G & G Food Supplies Ltd
G&G Food Supplies Ltd