- The plantation was founded by Tea Tree pioneer David Chapman, who believed that it should be possible to use Tea Tree oil as a natural preservative for bodycare products
- The Aboriginal people of Australia have used the powerful properties of Melaleuca Alternifolia for centuries
- Tea Trees also re-grow naturally after each harvest providing a valuable renewable resource
- Only the purest, highest quality Tea Tree makes its way into Ord River products to ensure that you receive the full benefit from this truly amazing oil
- We are also approved by the Vegan society
- Ord River became the first bodycare range on the world market to use Tea Tree as a natural preservative system
- Instead we utilise the powerful properties of Tea Tree oil and the fragrant properties of pure essential oils such as Lavender, Lavandin, Rosemary, Peppermint and Clove.
We work closely with all our manufacturers to ensure that all our products are suitable for vegans
- The leaves of the bush are steam distilled to produce an oil that is renowned for its wide range of uses
- Ord River brings you a selection of pure and simple products for the whole family, by harnessing the power of nature's essential oils.
All Ord River products are created without the use of artificial fragrances, preservatives or colours
- The Ord River range of Tea Tree Bodycare originated in the Ord River Tea Tree Oil Plantation in Kununurra, in the North West of Australia
The Ord River range is free from known skin irritants such as the foaming agent SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulphate) and SLES (Sodium Laureth Sulphate), which are common in many bodycare products. Instead it uses Ammonium Laureth Sulphate as a foaming agent.
ALS has a larger molecular structure than both SLS and SLES, which means that it is rinsed off rather than absorbed by the skin.
Absolute Aromas Ltd