- Dried at room temperature rather than artificially dried at 60-80 degrees.
Authentically made using the roll and cut method, not by the conventional force extruded method.
Firm, smooth noodles, satisfying and versatile
The main constituent of Udon is carbohydrate
- Glycogen becomes both a physical and mental energy source
- Compared to other foods, Udon is digested very quickly and rapidly becomes a source of energy for our mind and body
- After 2 hours, the temperatures of the two men who ate ramen and pasta had decreased but the person who ate Udon maintained the increased temperature
- Therefore, Udon is recommended for people who have colds and/or weakened digestive function.
- The three types of noodles were soaked in digestive enzymes at the body temperature of 37.5 degrees Celsius
- After two hours, only Udon was completely digested
- Carbohydrate is the nutrient found in rice, bread, and noodles, which changes to glucose and glycogen in the body
- Although all of the noodles were eaten hot, Udon helps maintain body temperature, and is effective for cold
- This is due to Udon's quick digestibility
- They can be used all year round in a wide range of Asian and Western dishes, including piping hot noodles in broth, satisfyingly rich stir fries, and succulent summer salads.
Clearspring Japanese Noodles are made to traditional recipes, and are all egg-free and certified organic.
What makes them special:
Traditional, slow dried organic noodles from Japan
- Udon is suited for lunch as a healthy afternoon energy source in place of coffee.
In testing the effect of Udon, three different types of noodles: Ramen, pasta, and Udon, were served to three men separately and their body temperatures were checked
- Thus, Udon aids in increased performance when concentration and thinking are required
- It is digested at a speed three times as fast as beef
- Right after eating the noodles, all of their temperatures rose
Wheat flour* (87%), brown rice flour* (10%), sea salt.
Cereals containing gluten* Present as ingredient
Sulfur dioxide and sulphites*+ Absent
* and products thereof. +(>10mg/kg or 10mg/l)
Typical values g/100g
of which sugars: 1.7
of which saturates: 0.19
of which monounsaturates: 0.23
of which polyunsaturates: 0.5
Wheat Free No
Gluten Free No
Yeast Free Yes
Nut Free No
Raw Food No
Free of Added Alcohol Yes
Low Salt No
Low Fat Yes
High Protein No
To prepare bring 2L of water to the boil, add noodles (100g per serving) and stir. Simmer for 9 minutes then rinse briefly under cold water. Serve all year round in hot broths, stir-fries or chilled with a dipping sauce.
Clearspring Brand Promise:
Organic/premium quality Japanese and European foods skillfully prepared by artisan and professional producers.
Prepared according to authentic, traditional recipes and our own original recipes developed for present day market needs.
100% vegetarian/vegan foods and ingredients.
Wholesome, easy-to-prepare, great tasting daily foods for optimum nutrition.
No artificial additives, MSG, colourings, preservatives or refined sugars.
Ethically sourced foods which support producer communities.
Made using environmentally sustainable and non-GM ingredients.
Good foods to be enjoyed globally.
The Clearspring goal is to get organic food back on the dining table, so that you can enjoy the same quality of foods as your grandparents did. By developing the demand for organic foods and encouraging the cultivation of organic crops by farmers today, we can ensure that your grandchildren, too, can enjoy the great taste of good food.?
You will find that each of our food products has a distinct flavour and quality that comes from using the finest quality ingredients and respecting local food traditions.