- Dried at room temperature rather than artificially dried at 60-80 degrees.
Authentically made using the roll and cut method, not by the conventional force extruded method.
Firm, smooth noodles, satisfying and versatile
The Japanese, after centuries of eating noodles, have developed a deep respect for the health enhancing properties of soba
- Rutin belongs to a group of plant compounds called bioflavonoids that recent studies (1) have shown act as powerful antioxidants.
Choline, another important micro-nutrient found in buckwheat, plays an important role in metabolism, particularly regulating blood pressure and liver function
- Soba noodles are made using buckwheat, which despite its name is unrelated to wheat and contains no gluten.
The amount of buckwheat in soba varies from 40% to 100% and it gives the noodles their characteristic dark colour and rich, nutty taste
- They can be used all year round in a wide range of Asian and Western dishes, including piping hot noodles in broth, satisfyingly rich stir fries, and succulent summer salads.
Clearspring Japanese Noodles are made to traditional recipes, and are all egg-free and certified organic.
What makes them special:
Traditional, slow dried organic noodles from Japan
- As a neutralizing agent, choline can support the liver when it is overburdened by alcoholic beverages (2)
- Buckwheat also provides significant health benefits.
Buckwheat contains about 12-15% protein, including the essential amino acid lysine which is lacking in most cereal grains
- Buckwheat also contains lipids, the minerals iron, phosphorus and copper and vitamins B1 and B2.
Buckwheat is very high in rutin, which is an essential nutrient, not found in other cereal grains, that helps strengthen capillaries and support a healthy circulatory system
- It makes sense that soba noodles and broth are often served in Japan after big parties and at the end of an evening's drinking.
Wheat flour* (57%), buckwheat flour* (40%), sea salt.
To prepare bring 2L of water to the boil, add noodles (100g per serving) and stir. Simmer for 3 minutes then rinse briefly under cold water. Serve all year round in hot broths, chilled with a dipping sauce or with a dressing for a fresh summer salad.
Clearspring Brand Promise:
Organic/premium quality Japanese and European foods skillfully prepared by artisan and professional producers.
Prepared according to authentic, traditional recipes and our own original recipes developed for present day market needs.
100% vegetarian/vegan foods and ingredients.
Wholesome, easy-to-prepare, great tasting daily foods for optimum nutrition.
No artificial additives, MSG, colourings, preservatives or refined sugars.
Ethically sourced foods which support producer communities.
Made using environmentally sustainable and non-GM ingredients.
Good foods to be enjoyed globally.
The Clearspring goal is to get organic food back on the dining table, so that you can enjoy the same quality of foods as your grandparents did. By developing the demand for organic foods and encouraging the cultivation of organic crops by farmers today, we can ensure that your grandchildren, too, can enjoy the great taste of good food.?
You will find that each of our food products has a distinct flavour and quality that comes from using the finest quality ingredients and respecting local food traditions.