- Our partners, the Picco family have been cultivating rice here since 1878
- Together with other local families they have formed a co-operative to both pack and develop fine quality Italian rice
- The Organico speciality rice range is grown and packed for us in Bianze in the heart of the century-old rice fields of the Northern Po valley
- They are dedicated to the environmental stewardsip of the land and to preserving the culture and cultivation of rice
- The rice is husked through a stone millling process that is more careful or gentle and therefore helps preserve the nutritional and taste qualities of the grain.
Also known as "Forbidden Rice" Black rice, according to legend was reserved excluisvely for the Chinese Emperor and the Imperial family - where it was much appreciated for its nutritional and aphrodisiac properties!
- They grow a wide range of typical and newer varieties on their land
Organic Nerone rice* Wholegrain (brown) Rice.
*from organic agriculture.
Cooking time 40 minutes
Organico is one of the ranges created and distributed by Organico RealFoods a small British company based in Reading. All organic and natural the range includes pastas, sauces, tomatoes, olives, condiments, dips and spreads, marinades, grissini and more...