- The metered dose spray is ready to prime before use.Before the first application, prime the pump by actuating (depressing the pump) 4 times
- Be very careful not to spray in the eyes or mouth.Hold the bottle upright with thumb under base and nozzle between two fingers.Lean forward slightly and insert the nozzle into the nostril.Spray and breathe in gently through the nose at the same time.Repeat with the other nostril.Clean and dry the nozzle before replacing back the cap right after use.
When to use:
Otrivine® Congestion Relief 0.1% Nasal Spray provides relief from nasal congestion due to colds, even heavy forms.
DO NOT USE THE SPRAY:
If you are allergic to xylometazoline hydrochloride or any of the other ingredients in the spray
If you have had recent neurosurgery
On children under 12 years of age
If you are allergic to other decongestants
Otrivine® Congestion Relief 0.1% Nasal Spray is available in 10 ml packs
- Once primed the pump will normally remain charged throughout regular daily treatment periods
- Should the spray not be ejected during the full actuation, the pump will need to be re-primed by actuating 4 times
- Do not store above 25ºC
- How it works
Otrivine® Congestion Relief 0.1% Nasal Spray instantly cools the nose with aromatic menthol vapours whilst the active ingredient xylometazoline hydrochloride narrows the nasal blood vessels and thereby opens up the nasal passages.
How to use
We would suggest that you try not to blow your nose for the first few minutes allowing the medicine to get to work.
For Adults and Children over 12 years of age: 1 spray in each nostril 1 to 3 times daily
Blow the nose gently.Remove protective cap.Do not cut the nozzle
- Do not use after the expiry date stated on the bottle
- Keep out of reach of children
- We do not recommend using each bottle past 28 days of opening.
The active ingredient is xylometazoline hydrochloride (0.1% w/v). The other ingredients Sodium dihydrogen phosphate dihydrate, disodium phosphate dodecahydrate, sodium chloride, disodium edetate, levomenthol,cineole, sorbitol, polyoxylhydrogenated castor oil (macrogol glycerol hydroxystearate) and purified water
Do not use continuously for more than 7 consecutive days. If symptoms persist consult your doctor or pharmacist. To avoid possible spread of infection, only one person should use each bottle.
Novartis Consumer Health