- The body can make more efficient use of these nutrients when the sesame is added to foods as a conventional ingredient and not just as a decorative element
- Sesame is a source of fibre, which is of vital importance for our digestion [1 and 2]
- Sesame also contains lecithin, a fatlike substance enabling the oil in the sesame seeds to be optimally used by the body [1 to 3].
Origin and Production:
We source our organic Fairtrade black sesame exclusively from Uzbekistan / Samarkand
- The farmers are part of a large Fairtrade community made up of 3 groups, Dustkul Bogi, Turkiston Gulba and Turob Bobo
- 1,000 farmers and their families belong to the community
- When the product arrives in Austria, a fine, pale raw food quality tahini is made from the sesame in a procedure requiring great attention to detail
- Our organic Fairtrade black tahini is:
100% purely natural
Made of unpeeled sesame
Very old variety
Aromatic and very nutty
Checked several times
From unpeeled Sesam
Rich in fibre
Rich in vital substances
Sesame is rich in B vitamins, iron, calcium, magnesium and zinc
- It contains up to 50% omega 6 fatty acids, also called linoleic acids
- The oil is very good for the skin and hair
- The oil contained in the seeds is also very valuable
- Large parts of the region are certified for organic and FAIRTRADE products, and are cultivated by the FAIRTRADE farmers living there
- By working with Fairtrade, the farmers can provide their families with a secure income and offer their children new opportunities
- We can be sure of meeting our high quality standards by purchasing our products exclusively from this place.
The sesame plants grow on fields near Samarkand
Sesame black seeds° - ° Fairtrade certified and sourced from Fairtrade producers. Total 100%.
Our organic Fairtrade black tahini is of a rich intensive dark hummus, warm and cold sauces, shakes, smoothies, exotic, Asian, Indian dishes or for baking. Add the pleasant taste of sesame to falafel, puree, flatbread or to any other of your recipes with our fine organic Fairtrade tahini. + Vegan - Naturally vegan product processed in a vegan-only facility. + produced in Austria.